Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Eviction Moratorium

Happy I couldn’t afford to rent either. My condo would rent for between 1600-2000/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Happy I couldn’t afford to rent either. My condo would rent for between 1600-2000/month.
    I can afford it but I ain’t paying that. No way. I have been watching Cash Jordan videos on New York City rentals, and since rent prices have gone down, that is doable now in New York City, that amount

That’s really crazy about New York City being the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s really crazy about New York City being the same.
    Well, those are one bedroom or studio’s, not your nice condo, but still —They are places I think I would live in. I don’t know I don’t know in New York City so maybe I would not be happy with the neighborhoods but that’s the thing thing about Cash Jordan, he shows you in the neighborhood on his videos

Hereabouts, a shared room in a house runs $800-$1200. And that would be month-to-month, no lease.

My 3-4 bedroom home would rent for $4-5k/month. But with the current situation, almost nothing of this sort is even available on the market for year-round lease.

Before we bought last fall we were paying $4000 for a very nice 2 bed 2 bath in a non-hip neighborhood in Sam Francisco. Rent prices crashed during the pandemic so if we had stayed we probably could have negotiated with our landlord. Instead we moved and he probably had to accept a price somewhere in the lower $3,000s from the new tenants. But a year or two from now I’m sure he will have been able to bump the rent back up to where we were.

DS and his girlfriend just got a duplex for a whopping $1850 a month. I was looking for an inexpensive (relatively) condo to buy and have them rent it but hadn't found one yet. They had planned to move in with a friend and rent a room for $600 a month allowing them to continue to sock money away to buy something. Girlfriend lasted less than three weeks with that set up. DS has just decided to work OT to make up the difference. He doesn't want to fall off his savings goals.

I have a super deal on my small rented condo. $925 a month. It started at $800/month in 2008. At least $200-$300 below market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I have a super deal on my small rented condo. $925 a month. It started at $800/month in 2008. At least $200-$300 below market.
    Just like my son! Same thing: $900--at least 200-300 below market price. And steps away from Church Street in Burlington (very desirable location).

Rentals in my favorite beach town, Ocean Grove, NJ, have skyrocketed. They're probably almost double what they were 4 years ago.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information