Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumnal Equinox

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Get caller id on my phone.
    Write syllabi for three new classes and begin teaching them by third week of August.
    Make 6 more visits to see Mom before her hearing in September.
    Look at two new potential areas to live in Maine and promote calm, rational discussion with husband about the moving process.
    Reduce books in barn to half by number and space.
    Tybee your first one is funny. I thought I was the only one in modern existence who will pick up a landline and not know who is at the other end.Any more, phone calls just make me cranky anyway so I wish people wouldn’t call me. 90% of the calls are scams and bots anyway.

But I understand how difficult that is because I don’t like Text and really don’t pay attention to my phone either. Email – I’m all about the email.

Jeppy: We had our eye exams yesterday at the Costco in Danvers, MA. We were wearing masks, but the optometrist was not, so I thought of you. We like this guy and have been going to him for several years. You don't need to be a member to see him for an eye exam, but you do need to be a member to purchase eyewear from Costco. I know this is not a convenient location for you, but I thought I would at least put the info out there since you were looking at some places that were pretty far away. Let me know if you have any interest and I can PM you additional details. Of course, mask mandates etc. are changing all the time, so there is certainly no guarantee that things won't change.

Yppej
    Rosa I already have an appointment on the 24th near home and if I have trouble breathing I will just tell them that, that I feel faint, and hopefully they honor the existing medical exception to wearing a mask, which does not require a doctor's note but is a matter of good faith. But thank you anyways.

Maintain healthy eating habits to fit into my MOG dress for son's wedding in October
    take and pass Part III of my certified internal auditor exam
    have plumber in to check out musty smell in one room; talk about installing a water softener
    hoping new furniture will be delivered by September 15 (ordered May 30). I know this is out of my control, but I want to check it off of my list.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rosa I already have an appointment on the 24th near home and if I have trouble breathing I will just tell them that, that I feel faint, and hopefully they honor the existing medical exception to wearing a mask, which does not require a doctor's note but is a matter of good faith. But thank you anyways.
    Okay, glad you got something. I should also add that I did wear my glasses for part of the exam, but I had no fogging issues.

Tybee, we have booths in two different antiques malls. We've been selling off my parents estate, culls from our homes, and "gifts" from others for several years now. It's mostly fun, allows me to experiment with different collections to see if I like them as well as I think I will, and winnow down other antiques that no longer "spark joy" lol. But you have to be disciplined to not end up with piles of "stuff" in process, and I'm not particularly disciplined!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Tybee, we have booths in two different antiques malls. We've been selling off my parents estate, culls from our homes, and "gifts" from others for several years now. It's mostly fun, allows me to experiment with different collections to see if I like them as well as I think I will, and winnow down other antiques that no longer "spark joy" lol. But you have to be disciplined to not end up with piles of "stuff" in process, and I'm not particularly disciplined!
    Thank you, that always looked like something that I would like to try, but I think I have culled too much to start now.

Yppej
    Went to Target last night where I want to get a Consumer Cellular phone but the electronics department is only open 10 to 5. Very few people working and one employee was complaining how short staffed they were.

Yesterday we drove to an area in Maine which has moved very low in the list of where we'd like to live.

Not quite eliminated, but we discussed and neither of us liked it very much.

Curious what you are looking for in your search. If you are comfortable sharing some of the criteria, it would be interesting to read.

When I today consider what my dream location might look like, i want ample good water supply; basic services including good safe roads, good internet; nearby grocery stores, basic medical services with connections to larger facilities when greater care is needed and providers like ear, eye, accountant, lawyer, etc.; long-term walkability/accessibility to meet my changing needs; recreational activities like a pool, senior centre, library and a way to serve and contribute to the building of a sense of belonging in a community. Making this list today has actually caused me to realize that I need to contribute more. I don't want to be a 'predatory senior' using the local services without contributing to the common good.
    I developed this list over my lifetime and it is interesting as I read it today to realize how much life's different experiences has impacted my list. It has changed a lot with time.
    Last edited by razz; 8-11-21 at 6:57pm.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information