Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Playing nicely in the sandbox with others

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Sad that this is your response to people saying that you are driving them away from this site. Will you feel pride in your ‘mean girl-ness’ if you succeed in completely driving everyone away from here, or will you be sad that there’s no one left to listen to your pathetic anti mask screechiness?
    I was labelled mentally ill because someone disagrees with me on mask policy. That's very mean girl. Are you at all worried about her driving me away?

No, you were labelled OCD because you have written hundreds and hundreds of posts on the same thing on dozens and dozens of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    No, you were labelled OCD because you have written hundreds and hundreds of posts on the same thing on dozens and dozens of threads.
    I was called a "mentally ill narcissist".

Yppej, I honestly used to enjoy your posts and contributions to this forum. I really hope you can find your way back to happiness and peace in your life.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This has been a very interesting thread for me. As anyone who's been here for awhile knows, I myself am no stranger to controversy on this board. One of my lesser admirable qualities is that I am very opinionated, though I've learned to compartmentalize this (sometimes. Meaning at work you'd never know) - unfortunately I let loose with some of my opionionation (is that even a word?) on this board which led to conflict.

I really miss Tammy's posts and I liked Maria's posts and their sensitivity. When these two left no one had to say anything to me - I realized that this was not the proper venue for strong opinions of a continual bashing nature (such as my many posts regarding the police). I still hold the same opinions - but do I need to go on and on and on about them? I don't like to think that as a long term poster here (since 2005) the conflict I am responsible for may have driven some posters away. So I dropped what at least I consider posts that could lead to conflict. It's better for this board that way and honestly, there are several topics that I have gone on and on and on and on about - time to give it a rest, no? The world is not that one dimensional.

Just some thoughts. I wish the human race could get along with one another better and respect our differences more. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    To be fair, have I not done the same regarding socialized medicine and the police? This is not a bash, seriously. It's actually more of an apology as I can see now where my being so opinionated possibly drove some posters away. As a long termer here I don't like to think that I am responsible for this. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I wish the human race could get along with one another better and respect our differences more. Rob
    Exactly the reason I avoid expressing my strongly held opinions about politics, and yet even I have been blasted by people because America (not just this forum) is so divided that some people will accuse you of being a right wing or left wing extremist when you randomly wear a red or blue shirt in public.

We really should all treat each other better and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

I try to do that (but I don't always succeed)

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    To be fair, have I not done the same regarding socialized medicine and the police? This is not a bash, seriously. It's actually more of an apology as I can see now where my being so opinionated possibly drove some posters away. As a long termer here I don't like to think that I am responsible for this. Rob
    Rob, you never made your politics and opinions personal. To follow GeorgeParker's illustration, you always keep your opinions at the high level of thought, and you have always had the utmost respect for others who agreed or disagreed, even when you have been the target of personal attack.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Rob, you never made your politics and opinions personal. To follow GeorgeParker's illustration, you always keep your opinions at the high level of thought, and you have always had the utmost respect for others who agreed or disagreed, even when you have been the target of personal attack.
    I fully agree. There is nothing wrong with having strong opinions and expressing them in a respectful manner.

Rob, I always found your posts fair-minded, never mean-spirited. You have brought up a lot of interesting things to think about, and experiences in places where I have none.

All we can do is regulate our own behavior. I feel that it is up to each of us to do this, and not go gunning for other posters.

Do unto others as we would like them to do unto us.

Thread Information