Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Playing nicely in the sandbox with others

Rob, you have also always kept your posts in the appropriately themed threads. I always knew that if I didn't want to read your police threads, I could simply stay out of the politics thread. And, for what it's worth, I learned a lot from you as well. You have a way of looking at things and presenting them that made me think - whether I agreed with you or not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    This has been a very interesting thread for me. As anyone who's been here for awhile knows, I myself am no stranger to controversy on this board. One of my lesser admirable qualities is that I am very opinionated, though I've learned to compartmentalize this (sometimes. Meaning at work you'd never know) - unfortunately I let loose with some of my opionionation (is that even a word?) on this board which led to conflict.

I really miss Tammy's posts and I liked Maria's posts and their sensitivity. When these two left no one had to say anything to me - I realized that this was not the proper venue for strong opinions of a continual bashing nature (such as my many posts regarding the police). I still hold the same opinions - but do I need to go on and on and on about them? I don't like to think that as a long term poster here (since 2005) the conflict I am responsible for may have driven some posters away. So I dropped what at least I consider posts that could lead to conflict. It's better for this board that way and honestly, there are several topics that I have gone on and on and on and on about - time to give it a rest, no? The world is not that one dimensional.

Just some thoughts. I wish the human race could get along with one another better and respect our differences more. Rob
    I think the difference between you and certain others is in the way you express your opinions. You don’t seem to be outraged and disgusted that the holders of alternative views are allowed to exist. You don’t think repetition is an argument. You don’t resort to cliche or puerile insult when you’re stuck for ideas.

I don’t agree with you much of the time, but I think this would be a poorer place without you.

Ldahl, I totally agree with you!

Thread Information