View Poll Results: How Soon Will You Get a Booster?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already got one or before authorized

2 12.50%
  • As soon as public health officials OK it for me

13 81.25%
  • After everyone worldwide can get an initial shot

0 0%
  • Don't plan on getting a booster

1 6.25%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: How Soon Will You Get a Booster?

I got the booster on Oct 21st at 10:30am. Now I'm hearing that some officials are saying that if you don't have the booster you're not vaccinated, which makes me wonder if this will ever end.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I got the booster on Oct 21st at 10:30am. Now I'm hearing that some officials are saying that if you don't have the booster you're not vaccinated, which makes me wonder if this will ever end.
    Not until enough people stand up and demand that it end.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Not until enough people stand up and demand that it end.
    That'll impress the virus for sure.

Well, this week we ran a clinic and got booster shots into a huge portion of the island population.

This was especially tricky, as the big storm we had destroyed many roads and caused mudslides, isolated some sizeable communities from any access other than sea or air, but we managed to get personnel and matériel into those areas, and set up satellite vaccination facilities.

This became much easier once the intrepid folks in the largest isolated community built their own foot/bike/cargo bridge across the new ravine and stream. Lucky for them, there was a sawmill on the other side, and a machine shop, people who knew how to use them, and a community spirit.

Even with the storm, this went more smoothly than the first vaccination clinic attempts, where the governor finally had to send in the National Guard to transport the vaccines to us, as people on the mainland were diverting our allocated supplies.

Fun times.

Be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Although the science says we should focus on getting initial doses to people and there is very minimal benefit to boosting healthy adults, the government has bowed to political pressure and authorized boosters for everyone over 18. I went onto my city's vaccine clinic website pretending to be a 20 year old seeking a first dose and could not get an appointment. The slots are taken up by the worried well. But hey we must be seen to be doing something, even if that something will have no impact on winter surges.
    I have to give you credit. Your months and months of spewing half truths and outright lies relentlessly has gotten to the point that no one bothers to point them out anymore.

And since I’m bothering to respond to your tired lies and drivel at all, the science says no such thing about the necessity of boosters. You just pulled that lie out of your sorry, mask hating ass.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I have to give you credit. Your months and months of spewing half truths and outright lies relentlessly has gotten to the point that no one bothers to point them out anymore.

And since I’m bothering to respond to your tired lies and drivel at all, the science says no such thing about the necessity of boosters. You just pulled that lie out of your sorry, mask hating ass.
    I mean there is probably more benefit to getting initial doses than boosting people, but if there don't seem to be any way to get the doses to those who haven't had them anyway (because of not wanting a vaccine or whatever else barrier you wish to name) and doses are lying around, there are benefits to boosting people, even if only to reduce transmission.

I frankly don't even BELIEVE the claim of being unable to get an appointment. You can kind of walk right in to a pharmacy and get a shot. Last I was in one, it was blasted over the speakers, get your covid shots here pretty much.

Yeppej's position is that absolutely nothing should have been done about a pandemic that was killing people except eventually develop a vaccine*. All attempts to save lives is more trouble than it's worth. That's some hardest of hard core fatalism there. This offends most people's moral compass because most people are like "we should try to save lives". It gets spun later into ever so much concern about lives in the 3rd world, which IS a legitimate issue, but not one one has much say in, and that rings pretty hollow after months and months of "let people die".

* and then even after a vaccine is developed, if you still have to wear a mask, time to go around and complain you "got vaccinated for nothing"
    Trees don't grow on money

Hunger strikes and filibustering at Health Board meetings will beat this thing!

Or amphibious invasions of isolated communities to bring them healthcare.

Who knows where best to spend one's time these days?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post

From your liberal New York Times, boosters not needed per scientists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/13/h...er-lancet.html

Scientists are quitting the Biden administration over this, but hey you the insurance guy know better than them.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post

I frankly don't even BELIEVE the claim of being unable to get an appointment.

Yeppej's position is that absolutely nothing should gave been done
    1) Second story tonight on NBC Nightly News. Believe what you want - doesn't make it so.

2) I have taken extraordinary measures maybe one other person in these forums took (not socializing with anyone outside my immediate household). The difference is you (who socialized outside your household because the idea of temporary celibacy was more than you could handle) don't trust people and want government controlling them.

I swear I was flipping past and read 'How soon will you get a rooster?"
    I crack myself up...

Thread Information