View Poll Results: How Soon Will You Get a Booster?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already got one or before authorized

2 12.50%
  • As soon as public health officials OK it for me

13 81.25%
  • After everyone worldwide can get an initial shot

0 0%
  • Don't plan on getting a booster

1 6.25%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: How Soon Will You Get a Booster?

Sounds like the jury is out on how effective current vaccines will be against the new variant. I will wait another 2-3 weeks to see how this plays out.

I have an appointment for December 11 for my booster.

I was invited to a holiday dinner hosted by one of my favorite clients in NJ. I wasn't going to go, but DH kind of pressured me a little into going--as he is the party animal in the family, he couldn't conceive that I would consider NOT going. I can use the trip down to pick up a couple of things from my NJ house, and talk to DS about the house and the sale of it.

I have to take a rapid-test before going to the dinner. Interesting times, when you have to make sure you have a rapid-test in your medicine chest. (That sounds like the start of a jingle.)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Mine is scheduled for Dec 3. It appears that taking the booster may enable freer access to services and social interactions of all kinds. We will see if that happens.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I was at a meetup with my dining group and I know most of the people are vaccinated because we have discussed it. 2 new members are retired nurses that moved here from Idaho and aren’t. I was shocked considering their past jobs.

What are your feelings about being around unvaccinated people? I recently helped a gal out …. sat next to her for about an hour…. and later it was revealed she was unvaccinated. I am ticked! I will avoid her as much as possible in the future. I am totally vaccinated (including the booster).

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What are your feelings about being around unvaccinated people? I recently helped a gal out …. sat next to her for about an hour…. and later it was revealed she was unvaccinated. I am ticked! I will avoid her as much as possible in the future. I am totally vaccinated (including the booster).
    Unless I ask directly, I assume in any group of people there’s at least one person who’s not vaccinated.

I consider it part of my responsibility, if that is a concern, to keep myself out of a possible nexus of infection by Avoiding large groups indoors for the most part. Sometimes I have to do things indoors getting close to people, but it’s seldom.

DH is not vaccinated. He doesn’t socialize closely with people indoors which is not to say that he doesn’t run into people, of course. We are entering winter weather where people do things inside and his socializing will drop off until next spring when he can be with people outside again.

Yppej
    I would not be mad at an unvaccinated person for coming around me. Their body, their choice, and definitely their risk. Three of my coworkers are unvaccinated and I see them five days a week.

I do think people should get vaccinated to protect themselves against Delta which is still around, but I disagree that people should panic about Omicron and rush out to get boosters. The head of Moderna says their vaccine might not even work against Omicron.

If folks don't get the shot that's on them too bad so sad if they get sick or die.

I am pretty annoyed at my mother's unvaccinated god-daughter who ran over to give Mom a big hug and kiss at the party last week. I feel like that was inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I am pretty annoyed at my mother's unvaccinated god-daughter who ran over to give Mom a big hug and kiss at the party last week. I feel like that was inappropriate.
    I agree, sorry that happened.

Seeing my son's in-laws so sick with severe Covid has made me want to avoid unvaccinated people. I also rushed out and got a booster after watching their trajectory into severe , life threatening illness.

Thread Information