Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaking of relationships

I think one of the reasons homeschooling worked so well in my sibling's case was that both of them are eager learners and none too fond of structure or authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    I think one of the reasons homeschooling worked so well in my sibling's case was that both of them are eager learners and none too fond of structure or authority.
    Homeschooling worked for my dropout son--for the same reasons it worked for your siblings. And I loved teaching him. I never regretted pulling him out of the traditional classroom when I saw it wasn't working for him.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

CL, I didn’t think you were implying anything). Happy, it’s definitely a problem with the money not going to the kids or teachers but to people at the top. Nevada is always near the bottom like at the 49th place in how our schools rate. Our university in contrast is really good. School is definitely not for everyone.

Schools (and the money for them) are a very local issue. Our school board asked for an enormous 1 BILLION dollar increase. This from a district with constantly decreasing enrollment, poor teaching success, 20-25% utilization of many buildings, and on and on.

It was suggested rather loudly that they demonstrate they knew how to manage what they had before asking for the moon. I cannot recommend our district to any parent when the best schools are lottery based. They already have one of the biggest expenditure per student in our state. The average in our state is around $10,000 and IPS has $14,000.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Schools (and the money for them) are a very local issue. Our school board asked for an enormous 1 BILLION dollar increase. This from a district with constantly decreasing enrollment, poor teaching success, 20-25% utilization of many buildings, and on and on.

It was suggested rather loudly that they demonstrate they knew how to manage what they had before asking for the moon. I cannot recommend our district to any parent when the best schools are lottery based. They already have one of the biggest expenditure per student in our state. The average in our state is around $10,000 and IPS has $14,000.
    Yes, St. Louis city school system spends over $15,000 per pupil. It has all the problems of an urban population. Throwing money at it doesn’t help.

Thread Information