Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with dishwasher panels

Experiences with dishwasher panels

Now that I am upgrading my expectations for kitchen accoutrements, I’m thinking about a dishwasher panel for Hermann house. By “panel “I mean a front panel that matches cabinet door.

I ordered one for the dishwasher in my condo but cabinets have not been completed yet so I have not been able to test it.

Our Hermann kitchen will get lots of wear because it will be where we live. So I guess my question is what are your experiences with dishwasher panels? Are they perfectly fine, a pain in the ass, or something in between?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-21-21 at 2:15pm.

Didn't know that they existed so no help to you at all. I just have the basic Bosch dishwasher front. Be interesting to learn what others have.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I had no clue this was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I had no clue this was available.

In high-end kitchens we cannot allow appliances to look like appliances! Like the Victorians, we have to put little cozies over everything that is utilitarian. (Where is that eyeroll emoji when I need it???)

I mean, y’all know that high end kitchens have panels on refrigerators as well, right??

For my condo Kitchen I ordered a dishwasher that took four months to come in. It has two special features: it is only 18 inches wide for it small apartments, and it has a panel. So this particular model was not a common one.

I guess I am of the common world far away from the high-end. What a shock to my system to learn that!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I guess I am of the common world far away from the high-end. What a shock to my system to learn that!
    You and me both, kid.

Stick with me and I will take you along the path of excess in kitchen design as I play around in that world.

The refrigerators the panel are different, not sure about the dishwashers. So this dishwasher has the way to mount the panel and be removable for service?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    The refrigerators the panel are different, not sure about the dishwashers. So this dishwasher has the way to mount the panel and be removable for service?
    i do not know how removable it is. I guess that will be revealed in good time.

The Amish cabinet makers did not seem super surprised by the panel specifications but on the other hand they don’t do a lot of them.

The reason why I wanted a cabinet panel in my condo is because the kitchen is teeny tiny and an uninterrupted run of cabinentty looks better.

There's one in/on my dishwasher. The dishwasher died years ago, but the panel lives on...

We the mere commoners are totally clueless).

Thread Information