Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Dry [way to bold] Ginger Ale

Canada Dry [way to bold] Ginger Ale

I came across a new product this week. Canada Dry Bold Ginger Ale. I figured it would be 1.5 or maybe 2 times as strong as regular Canada Dry. Nope. It's 4 or 5 times as strong! It makes your mouth tingle at first and then sting. The taste and sting get stronger after you swallow, and every time you take a sip you get a stronger hit and a stronger afterburn. It's so strong I have to dilute it by filling a glass 60% with water and 40% with ginger ale.

I've read negative comments online from people who feel the same way I do about this new ginger ale, but most comments are positive, which means they must be coming from people who love spicy-hot food. I don't.

YMMV, but you have been warned.

Oh, that sounds wonderful!

Agreed. Wonder if there's a sugar-free version.... I'll look next time I'm in a decent supermarket or liquor store (around here, they're different).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I don't typically drink soda anymore but that sounds awesome! I may have to look for it. (says the guy who was just complaining to SO that trader joe's no longer sells the ridiculously spicy habanero sauce that I used to put on my eggs every weekend. )

That intrigued me, so I checked Amazon, and there seems to be no sugar-free version.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This sounds interesting. I love regular Canada Dry and I love ginger ale period. Will look for it - we don't have it at the store that I know of. Rob

It sounds like ginger beer. Ginger ale is such a disappointment by comparison. I love ginger beer but not been able to find it. The international section at the grocery store had a version but even it was mild.
    Years ago my parents made ginger beer and it was wonderful with a bite of flavour.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    It sounds like ginger beer. Ginger ale is such a disappointment by comparison. I love ginger beer but not been able to find it. The international section at the grocery store had a version but even it was mild.
    Years ago my parents made ginger beer and it was wonderful with a bite of flavour.
    I love ginger beer, and I thought the same thing when I read the OP. Some ginger beers are mild and some are really spicy. We can get several brands down here. I think that one of the things that made ginger beer more popular is the popularity of the Moscow Mule cocktail, although I always drink my ginger beer with no alcohol.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I love ginger beer too, but I would never dream of drinking it without dark rum in it, lol.

Now I am craving some. Have to see who stocks this in Canada.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information