Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canada Dry [way to bold] Ginger Ale

I watched a video review of "Knob CreeK" 100 proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. aged 9 years in a single barrel.

I am not sure of the presenter's name... perhaps Pearson.

When he tasted that bourbon over ice, his comment was "Ooo! Peppery!" He added (I estimate) to 2 parts bourbon: 2 parts "Canada Dry Bold" and 1 part Grenadine. He commented that this mixed drink was "not peppery any more". I guess the pomegranate flavor in the Grenadine syrup accentuates the subtle "black cherry note" in the bourbon, and the ginger flavor in the Canada Dry Bold offsets the pepperiness.

A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down... -- Mary Poppins

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down... -- Mary Poppins
    That song begins: "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and SNAP, the jobs a game." Mary Poppins lied to us.

Amazon Fresh sells a sugar free ginger beer called Sundaberg. I have no idea if it's any good, but I have it in my cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    Amazon Fresh sells a sugar free ginger beer called Sundaberg. I have no idea if it's any good, but I have it in my cart.
    Its pretty good. My DH drinks it quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I don't typically drink soda anymore but that sounds awesome! I may have to look for it. (says the guy who was just complaining to SO that trader joe's no longer sells the ridiculously spicy habanero sauce that I used to put on my eggs every weekend. )
    I stopped going to Trader Joe’s mostly because the specialty products I developed a taste for disappeared from shelves without notice.There is not a TJ’s near me anyway, it is too Urban here for their Hawaiian shirt wearing/granola seeking brigade. Their sister store, Aldi’s, is more to speed around here.

Bundaberg verdict: musty and medicinal. Not horrible, but I like kombucha better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    Bundaberg verdict: musty and medicinal. Not horrible, but I like kombucha better.
    Update: Still a bit musty and medicinal, but I've grown accustomed to it, and will probably re-order. It's cheaper than kombucha; I need to make some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Update: Still a bit musty and medicinal, but I've grown accustomed to it, and will probably re-order. It's cheaper than kombucha; I need to make some of that.
    I haven't had the Bundaberg, but I know that ginger beers are very different in terms of their spiciness, which is why I like Reed's the best. I also like kombucha. That's my treat.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information