Thread: My biggest laugh this week

My biggest laugh this week

While watching YouTube music videos I noticed this enthusiastic young girl dancing and did a freezeframe so I could read what her shirt says.

I don't laugh out loud very often (I'm more of a quiet chuckle person) but this turned over my tickle box. And the more I thought about it, the funnier it was, especially because she's a child.

Her shirt says, "My thoughts have been replaced by Hamilton lyrics."

Hamilton Girl.jpg

BTW I have a shirt that says "Emotionally attached to fictional characters" with a childish drawing of a rainbow and stars. I love it and wear it proudly. Some of the most interesting people I've ever met are fictional!

Cute. I like it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I can’t bring myself to watch Hamilton. I just think it won’t be worth it, I hate musicals, I can’t see that this one is any different. Even though I know that it’s really good for what it is, a musical.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-30-21 at 11:09am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I can’t bring myself to watch Hamilton. I just think it won’t be worth it, I hate musicals, I can’t see that this one is any different. Even though I know that it’s really good for but it is, a musical.
    Related to GeorgeParker's post, we have a family friend's child who is full-on Hamilton-happy. Creates trivia questions (arcane stuff!) about the show. Has heard the soundtrack enough to recite it like a rap star. Definitely would wear that shirt and answer people about it with lyrics from the show. I could be that obsessed at that age (ten-ish) but I can't do that any more.

But, as Stephen King observed, no one is handing out points for ignoring popular culture. And with far more than our young friend's encouragement to recommend it, DW and I watched it a couple of months ago. It was good! I like the take on the characters and the situation, even if it's not particularly true to history. If you liked opera, I would recommend it as a well-crafted alternative. But if you're not at all into operas or musicals, it would be tough to get through even as a good one of its kind.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I love Hamilton! I also have the CD in my car.

How could you not love a musical that contained this song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7NqP_YGlg

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    How could you not love a musical that contained this song- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7NqP_YGlg
    I prefer this one

Thread Information