Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Different personality test to try

Actually George the Myers Briggs Type Indicator is used in workplace conflict and marriage counseling. It really helps people to understand differences and see other points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Attachment 3926Attachment 3927

i was IN something. I didnt capture the screen.

wow that Identity one is pretty damn high. Haha, guess i’m not surprised.
    If that is your score, it would be INTP-A

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Actually George the Myers Briggs Type Indicator is used in workplace conflict and marriage counseling. It really helps people to understand differences and see other points of view.
    I'm aware of how the MB test is used, and I stand by what I said: Most people lie on personality tests, consciously or unconsciously. Therefore they are all bogus because they reflect only what the person thinks the tester wants to hear or what the person believes about themself instead of reality. If you want to get a more realistic personality score, have 5 people who know the person very well fill out the test the way they think he/she would. That would be much more informative for both the tester and the person being tested.

Teaching was my retirement job. Thanks but I don’t need advice on how to administer or use tests as one of my 3 graduate degrees is in this field as well as my 25 year career. I won’t bother to mention how it was used vocationally since you appear to know all about personality tests.

This is so interesting … for many years, 30+, I was an INTJ. Then about 3 years ago, I tested as an INTP. This test pegs me as an INFP. I guess I can attribute the changes to having been retired for 4 years now, and apparently sliding into being the “real me,” as opposed to the personality I used as a classroom teacher.

I think the ISTP shift is kind of about frustration and powerlessness. I mean even powerlessness isn't always frustrating but it entirely depends on if there is much at stake. If not much is it can be amusing. But powerlessness in a global pandemic (most of us are) etc.. And then one just wants to control that which one can control which is a deeply practical state of mind. And so one wants to bake bread. Or one is a maker or whatever it says I am (most of which I probably don't even have the money to fully be ). Or one just tries to bend what actual circumstances they can in their favor, and also there is a desire to feel in control of *something* (the bread I guess or fixing something or whatever)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Teaching was my retirement job. Thanks but I don’t need advice on how to administer or use tests as one of my 3 graduate degrees is in this field as well as my 25 year career. I won’t bother to mention how it was used vocationally since you appear to know all about personality tests.
    I wasn't giving advice. Just reaffirming my opinion, which you seemed to be disagreeing with.

I'm not an expert on personality testing, but I've taken a heck of a lot of them as part of the pre-employment process at various companies, and everybody tries to make themself look good.

It is also well known how often and how well we deceive ourselves on self assessments. Everyone is, in their own opinion, more honest, intelligent, moral, industrious, etc than average. It's called the Lake Wobegon effect (as you no doubt already know) https://www.oxfordreference.com/view...10810105237549 So I'm surprised you seem to be disagreeing with my statement that everyone lies on personality tests, either consciously or unconsciously.

I didn't lie, at least consciously. I made a "searching and fearless inventory of myself" before answering each and every question
    After all, this was just a fun game for our purposes on this forum. What do I have to gain by lying to myself? And I'm sure past the point of trying to impress y'all.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm not an expert on personality testing, but I've taken a heck of a lot of them as part of the pre-employment process at various companies, and everybody tries to make themself look good.
    that's the whole thing then, the use of personality test should be banned in employment screening. And of course if taking a test then one will answer whatever they think the employer wants to hear.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I didn't lie, at least consciously. I made a "searching and fearless inventory of myself" before answering each and every question
    After all, this was just a fun game for our purposes on this forum. What do I have to gain by lying to myself? And I'm sure past the point of trying to impress y'all.
    Covers my thinking as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information