Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DD discouraging a Fall visit

DH has agreed to get one Pfizer shot and only one. It's better than nothing I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    DH has agreed to get one Pfizer shot and only one. It's better than nothing I guess...
    Will that satisfy your DD enough for him to be welcome to visit?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Would it make more sense to get one of the JNJ? I think it works differently, and there is only one.

Sorta like a condom with a hole poked in it still has some utility, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Would it make more sense to get one of the JNJ? I think it works differently, and there is only one.
    They are different types of vaccines, yes. I'd be interested in DH's thought processes on getting only one of a two part vaccine but I would never ask about it because I just can't go there on this issue. DSiL has opted out of getting any vaccine to the point that DD has given up on the subject (at least AFAWK). It's just perplexing for reasons I will not get into because it just kind of outs him on a public forum and that's not fair.

Anyway, I also vote for counseling. As the marriage counselor for my first wife and I told us, the purpose of getting counseling is to figure out if you can stay married and give you some tools for addressing that. XW thought the goal of counseling was to stay married and was quite disappointed to find out that was not the case. I think couples need to try. You may stay married; you may not. It may be that individual counseling for either or both partners will be recommended for issues uncovered during marriage counseling. I did see a counselor after the separation/divorce to work on things related to my part of the relationship and that was quite helpful.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    I can see a person not wanting the second shot because that's the one that makes you sick though in my opinion the side effects are not that severe. Another reason would be vaccine equity and wanting everyone worldwide to have at least some protection before you get full protection.

J&J is still under emergency use authorization so he may not want it for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Will that satisfy your DD enough for him to be welcome to visit?
    I also wonder why DH can’t visit his grandchildren outdoors when down South. That’s a mild climate. A fall visit will still have lots of opportunity for outdoor interactions. That’s mostly what my own unvaccinated DH does, socialize outside. It’s really not a big adjustment.

But I suppose with little kids there isn't a way to keep them from jumping on grandpa’s lap and getting all up in his face.

With severe Covid Restrictions taking place again it doesn’t much matter whether people are vaccinated or unvaccinated here anyway, outdoor events are preferred.

OP, you have mentioned that your DH wants to move back to Texas. It seems that he is making some accommodation for you and your life interests by staying in your current state if not an accommodation in the realm of vaccines.

It would make much more sense for him to get full coverage with the J & J, which has no mRNA component, if that's a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It would make much more sense for him to get full coverage with the J & J, which has no mRNA component, if that's a consideration.
    yes, especially as we know that one dose of mRNA isn't holding up well against Delta.
    Trees don't grow on money

Boy is this frustrating...DH has decided to get the J & J and we can't find one anywhere within a 50 mile radius. Many of the various vaccine locator websites are now incorrect or out-of date so even if they say J & J available, when you call they say they only have Pfizer or Moderna.

Thread Information