Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: September Purge

I just gathered together a huge cardboard box of fabric scraps and bigger pieces. They are going around the corner to a lady that loves to make things with them. Win/win.

I gave away a pair of shoes on the local Facebook giving page.

Took 2 bags of clothes to St Vinnies and 5 bags of books to a resaler who donates to the schools in the area.

Yppej
    Used the last of the emotionally laden gift card to Target.

Pulled up the rest of my big false sunflower patch.

Yppej
    Took down the rest of the garden so the tree won't crush it when it's cut down. I will get rid of the remaining tomato cages in the work dumpster.

I found more half eaten tomatoes near chipmunk holes. What I salvaged for myself I will make into fried green tomatoes.

Dropped off a box of bits and pieces at the thrift store at lunchtime today.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Took a box of books to the auction house yesterday then worked in the storage. Sorted 5 boxes out for the bookstore fellow to look at in October and culled 2. Donated the 2 boxes to the local paperback shop. So, 3 boxes of books gone and 5 sorted to go, one way or the other. Progress!

I formulated a plan to deal with the 8 large white table cloths I have, in preparation for a move. We no longer have big parties so I don’t need these tablecloths anymore.

Some of them are pure linen. I dyed those a dark blue.

The color came out darker than I want, and I don’t think it has stayed fast to the fabric. I’m now washing and drying them to test color fastness. We shall see. I sewed one pillowcase which seems quite luxurious, I just hope it doesn’t turn my face blue when I sleep on it.

That leaves 5 large table cloths. I’ve decided to use three of those as sofa covers and dust covers for my condo furniture.

And then two of them can go to live in Hermon where they will be protective table covers, not ornamental covers. In other words I’ll cover the table with them when I want to do craft work.

I signed up for Ridwell, a recycling service that picks up at your doorstep, for plastic, batteries, light bulbs, and occasional miscellany. We'll see how it goes.

I had a few doggie items like a crate and airline travel carrier and a small thrift store was happy to get it. I kept one travel carrier. At one time I had 3 crates because of numbers of dogs we had and one lived in the car trunk for trips.

Thread Information