Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: September Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have never put away seasonal clothes. If it doesn’t fit in the closet space I have it goes.
    Me, too, with four seasons included. I add layers to the summer tops when it cools down.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We have seasons here, but they're pretty mild. I just add layers.

We have only one closet in our house, but it is pretty big. I believe I once measured it at 13' long. It's built into a sloping eave, so it's not a walk-in (unless you're a cat). There is a pole that runs the full length of the front and another in the back, so the back pole is where off-season or seldom used items go. Since making an effort to reduce our clothing inventory over the years, we now can also store off-season fans and portable A/C and heating units in there.

We dont have walk-in closets in our city house because that wasn't a fully developed trend back when we renovated this house, but we do have a LOT of storage in cubby, cabinetry, attic space, and closets. I rather expect someone who buys this house to do a major renovation of the 2nd and 3rd floor here and create different closet/bathroom configurations, as well as getting rid of the spiral staircase.

Anyway, I AM mentally adjusting to moving to a place that just has fewer closets and less storage. The closets in our Hermann house are limited. The front hall closet is the world’s tiniest coat closet, it is about 2’ wide.

Oddly, the closets in my 550 sq ft condo are extensive, all 5 of them! Tiny but mighty in closets!

Yppej
    Called to cash in rewards on my second credit card as a credit to my statement.

Yppej
    I have been bringing a lot of my lunch home each day as the boss went to BJ's and bought a bunch of snacks for us and guess whose desk they sit on tempting me all day? It's okay though.

Yppej
    Went to Staples yesterday for printer toner and got some notebooks for 25 cents each.

Yppej
    The kayak place didn't charge me because I wasn't out there that long and I am local, not a tourist. He said just come back again in the future.

That's so nice! I have wanted to try kayaking, too, but I think we will get a two person canoe instead, and this is the right time of year to grab one off Craigslist.

I have also had kayaking on my bucket list for up here for 4 years!!! I can't believe I haven't done it. And my neighbors all have kayaks and told me I could borrow theirs to see if I like it. And I live right on the lake!! What's wrong with me??
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information