Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day

I donít work myself, but I sometimes enjoy watching it. Mostly on television. I donít like to get too close.

I'm laboring on Labor Day. Report due this week, but overlaps with my annual college reunion with 8 other couples this week. They scheduled it for weekdays because they're all retired. So I'm trying to power it out so I can enjoy my time with them.

Anyway, Happy Labor Day, and I hope everyone gets to relax and have fun. Forget about work! At least for 24 hours.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

LOL, ldahl.

Well, I DO work, but not at the job today. Instead I'm trying to prep for the upcoming week, which is the start of school and my official start on 2nd shift.

Hope everyone has a relaxing day.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My DH is such a great worker bee. He took off this morning for Hermann where heís going to finish laying subflooring in a bathroom.

His boss didnít give him the day off.

Judging from my work inbox this morning a lot of people in the cyber insurance world did not take labor day off.

I like my job and might even get a second job this winter depending on working conditions. Right now I think things most places are moving in the wrong direction in terms of worker comfort and autonomy but that could change by then.

I went diving up in WI.

Labor Day weekend is one of our busiest tourist events here, so I spent much of the holiday....working. (And I even have union representation, what's up with that?)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Labor Day weekend is one of our busiest tourist events here, so I spent much of the holiday....working. (And I even have union representation, what's up with that?)
    I think I worked every Veterans Day of my career. I was never in a union so most of those guys took the day off for me. Some of them made it up to me when they returned by thanking me for my service.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

People are given Veterans Day off? I am pretty sure I have never had that day as a holiday at any job I have had.

Thread Information