Thread: Reader mode on Ipad

Reader mode on Ipad

I use Safari and notice where everything can be read in reader mode to eliminate ads. Anyone use this or have suggestions?

The Reader mode, built into Apple's Safari browser since 2010 and available on macOS and iOS, strips away web advertisements and the page's navigational design to present an article's text and basic images in a clean and uncluttered format. ... Safari is not the only browser with a reader-friendly mode.Jul 3, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I use Safari and notice where everything can be read in reader mode to eliminate ads. Anyone use this or have suggestions?

The Reader mode, built into Apple's Safari browser since 2010 and available on macOS and iOS, strips away web advertisements and the page's navigational design to present an article's text and basic images in a clean and uncluttered format. ... Safari is not the only browser with a reader-friendly mode.Jul 3, 2018

I think this is a thing I stumbled into sometime ago. Had to figure out what that setting was and reset it.

What sites are you visiting they have a lot of ads? I DO see ads on Reddit because I belong to several sub Reddit’s. But I can’t say that for the most part I had to ignore a lot of ads.
    edited to make sense.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-7-21 at 4:42pm.

Nothing in particular but wondered if this setting would be something good to set up???

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Nothing in particular but wondered if this setting would be something good to set up???
    I found it irritating because it was “different.” I like things to remain exactly the same. I am an old person.

Ha, ha Iris Lilies! Me, too. Technology changes much too fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I found it irritating because it was “different.” I like things to remain exactly the same. I am an old person.
    Or a cat.

I am advancing in age too but truly enjoy learning new ways of doing things ... especially if it makes my life easier. Although I hesitate to make a change that I am not sure I would like. I have done that previously and then could not remember how to change it back.

This setting is available on iPhone, too, for Safari. Don’t use it much.

Thread Information