Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I mow the daylilies?

That’s funny! The deer are much cuter thieves). You have probably said but I am old and can’t remember so why are you moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s funny! The deer are much cuter thieves). You have probably said but I am old and can’t remember so why are you moving?
    1. All of our close friends have moved, about 4 households. While we have many acquaintances, some closer than others, I just don’t have the interest and willpower to build close friendships with these people. Love them, don’t want closer relationships.

2. My neighborhood has changed over decades, and is now is full of people who are not my tribe.

It’s time to turn the management of my neighborhood and this part of the city over to the young families and checkbook rehabbers now living here. Kid focused stuff does not interest me and people who moan because they cannot get someone to install their new bathroom tile bore me.

This child focused, non DIY world—-these are not my people.

The criminal element, bless their hearts, remains pretty much the same over decades. the RESPONSE to criminals has changed dramatically, see Ferguson effect. That is hard to live with.

Update on mown daylilies.

This is after raking the bed of leaves. It looks great and was a very easy rake.

daylilies resized.jpg

That is a big daylily bed!

How big is your yard if that is just one bed, Tybee?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    How big is your yard if that is just one bed, Tybee?
    I was wondering the same thing! Would love a picture of everything in bloom.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's a huge bed! Ours is along the garage and it's in need of leaf removal... Glad the mowing worked!!

The house sits in a clearing in the woods. The clear is probably an acre and a half, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    The house sits in a clearing in the woods. The clear is probably an acre and a half, maybe?
    Sounds like a dream location which usually does take a lot of work to maintain.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We have actually learned we are not forest people. If you are, then yes, this is a dream location!

Thread Information