View Poll Results: Have you ever skinny dipped with other people? (choose all that apply)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

4 57.14%
  • Yes. With friends as an adult

0 0%
  • Yes. With relatives as an adult

0 0%
  • Yes. With strangers as an adult

1 14.29%
  • Yes. But only as a child or teen (summer camp for example)

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Fears, Body Shyness, Bashful Kidney Syndrome, Etc

Social Fears, Body Shyness, Bashful Kidney Syndrome, Etc

Last edited by GeorgeParker; 9-26-21 at 9:31pm.

George, I've always thought urinals were an awful invention. Stalls should be used, instead.

I’m embarrassed about many things and so I’m not gonna tell you all of them. But one of them came up last week when I was talking to a new neighbor.

This neighbor is doing work on her third floor. They were going to lay new flooring but they found they had to pull up the subfloors is because there was pet urine all over.

That will be my house. I say this because I know all the flooring will be replaced, it’s old and ugly and when they pull up That first layer it will be apparent. And then they will talk about us just like all of the other pet urine damaged houses around here have been talked about.

I used to be bashful in the bathroom when in public restrooms, but if I hadn't gotten over it, I would have had some serious elimination issues over the course of week-long business trips.

As for the pet urine--IL, I identify. My first dog was fastidious and would die of a bladder infection rather than pee in the house, but my second dog too often just did as she pleased, especially when her daily routine was disrupted while I was away on business. We got her shortly after we refinished our living room floors, and by the time she died, they were badly damaged again. My son/DIL had them refinished yet again last year, and thank God the stains didn't permeate all the way through. They are original hardwood circa 1974. They were preserved pretty well under the avocado shag carpeting. (Isn't it crazy that new construction back then often included hardwood floors with wall-to-wall carpeting on top??)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If lhamo is still here lurking, she can probably confirm that most Western females would have a hard time in public restrooms in China, where the "toilet" is a hole in the floor, and women squat and go without the privacy of stalls. At least that was what my DH's female colleague told him when they went to China on business. Not sure how widespread that practice is.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That is not the only place where that is practiced. It was really "interesting" when using while riding a moving train!!!

Yppej
    I am still hesitant to go braless in many public places. That I suppose falls under social fears, that I will be harassed or not receive the same treatment, or be seen less seriously. It's silly when there are plenty of guys out there sporting man boobs but here I am stuck on that aspect of my culture.

It's not body shame - I know I am not glamorous at my age and it doesn't bother me.

Our group graded the toilets in China. 5 star found at the Xian site of the clay warriors as it was new, all electric and very very western.

In India on a road trip, toilets nonexistent. We used a bush for privacy. Women on one side of the road and men on the other. Very strange facilities everywhere. This was in 1991.

In Japan, it required complex reading of all signs and pictures to figure out each toilet facility. Made me afraid to do anything.

Thankfully our group leader in Thailand was experienced in finding western toilets (of some minimal quality) when we traveled. But squat toilets still in evidence. Toilet paper often to be put in baskets next to toilet due to primitive septic systems.

Makes me thankful every day for the facilities we take for granted.

When I was a teen, I hated my nose. But now, it's just fine with me. Getting older lessened most of these self-image issues for me. Spending my formative years as a southern girl however molded me into one who doesn't feel comfortable leaving the house unless I'm "put together" so to speak.

I've had to give samples at the doctors office. It's a bit of a challenge in a small space in a weird place and elevates my blood pressure significantly. Otherwise no issues. When I've lived or visited less populous places and where it's not out of line, relieving oneself out of doors is a nice benefit.

Thread Information