Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Workplace Vaccine Mandate

Yppej

Workplace Vaccine Mandate

My company has more than 100 employees. I am very happy there and get along with all of my coworkers, 30% of whom are unvaccinated. I hope we don't lose any of them over the new Biden mandate, especially my boss. The last time his position was open I heard a real micromanager in the company applied but wasn't selected. I would not want to end up with him.

Yppej
    The boss says there are lots of jobs out there and he will quit before he will get a vaccine.

My take is that the alternative to vaccine requirements is a weekly negative test. There seems to be a reasonable out for people not wanting or able to get the shot.

Muppets

Yppej
    The RNC has already announced they will be filing a lawsuit against the mandate. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My take is that the alternative to vaccine requirements is a weekly negative test. There seems to be a reasonable out for people not wanting or able to get the shot.
    I have several friends with documented long-term medical conditions that make getting the vaccine a bad idea, per their doctors. Their medical exemptions have been refused by their employers. These are long term friends who are NOT anti vaxxers. They’re actually pretty distressed they can’t get the vax. Their employers are threatening to fire them. They’ve all gone to lawyers about this. Different employers in different areas of the country. None are in health care or first responder jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The RNC has already announced they will be filing a lawsuit against the mandate.
    If Biden said he was going to have grilled cheese on toast for breakfast, the RNC would file a lawsuit against it, our Texas governor would issue an executive order prohibiting it, and Trump would claim eating grilled cheese on toast is somehow part of a conspiracy to steal the election. The same thing would happen if Biden said he isn't going to eat grilled cheese on toast for breakfast.

Totally not news either way, just like the knee jerk reaction to this vaccine mandate.

Yppej
    The boss did get tested several times so his daughter could go to college, go back after semester break, etc but he would rather quit than go through that every week or get the shot. He says he won't blame anyone if he gets covid and he is willing to take that risk.

Last Fall the President called such mandates “unenforceable”, but we seem to have acquired herd immunity to the Constitution in the meantime.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Last Fall the President called such mandates “unenforceable”, but we seem to have acquired herd immunity to the Constitution in the meantime.
    Yes. Anytime someone has a virus in their bodies even if they have no symptoms they can be forcibly confined to their homes and not even allowed out of doors to work in their yard. They can be prohibited from getting food delivered even if it is contactless delivery.

Thread Information