Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Workplace Vaccine Mandate

When I was 12 my father took me upstairs to the adult section and filled out a form that said I could check out anything I liked on his card (my card was only good in the children’s library.) the librarian was a bit taken aback “anything? Are you sure?” He was sure. This was a man who put the complete works of William Shakespeare, Rudyard Kipling, Edgar Allan Poe, and Sherlock Holmes on a top shelf in the family room so I would have to climb the built-ins to get them. Guaranteeing that I did. (Bypassing the encyclopedia and other lovely things my mother had put out at my height.)

I got most of my sex ed and an interesting view of religion from Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, you've been very clear, I suppose it was me that wasn't. I guess I should have said that whether someone is going on and on about masks or if they're going on and on about the least favorite poster, it all looks the same to me.
    And, even if there are multiple posters who complain about one person... it is all the same to you?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And, even if there are multiple posters who complain about one person... it is all the same to you?
    Yeah, pretty much. See, I'm pretty sure that if I took action against someone because a few people can't resist reading everything they post, then I'd also have to take action against everyone who can't resist calling that person a troll or suggesting they're mentally ill, and then I'd have to take action against all of their friends who begin to complain about people being moderated for simply expressing an opinion, and on and on and on.

It's a lot easier (and I think healthier in the long run) to suggest you all just ignore each other.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

There is the matter that whole new threads kept popping up about masks and similar obsessions, there was no equivalency.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    There is the matter that whole new threads kept popping up about masks and similar obsessions, there was no equivalency.
    Underneath the title of a thread is "Started by". If you don't like a poster then don't read their threads. It's that simple.

Jeppy has started interesting threads about frugality and minimizing and achieving household goals. In Al-Anon (and probably all 12-step groups) they say, "Take what you like and leave the rest." That's what I try to do.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. See, I'm pretty sure that if I took action against someone because a few people can't resist reading everything they post, then I'd also have to take action against everyone who can't resist calling that person a troll or suggesting they're mentally ill, and then I'd have to take action against all of their friends who begin to complain about people being moderated for simply expressing an opinion, and on and on and on.

It's a lot easier (and I think healthier in the long run) to suggest you all just ignore each other.
    This is such a Dad post! Just saying that lovingly for our site administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is there a "like" button?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Sort of reminiscent of the Trump years when thread after thread after thread after thread were started by the same few folks complaining about the same old things and calling anyone they disagreed with racists, homophobes and hypocrites. We've seen all this before.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Thread Information