Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were trying to get by without an oven

Rogar, those induction cook plates are fantastic. Got to use on at a bakery during a class and it brought the water to a boil so quickly. Hubby is already planning on an induction cooktop when (and if) we remodel or our current range goes out. A friend used one for the 6 months her kitchen was being remodeled. Took that long for the stovetop to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Rogar, those induction cook plates are fantastic. Got to use on at a bakery during a class and it brought the water to a boil so quickly. Hubby is already planning on an induction cooktop when (and if) we remodel or our current range goes out. A friend used one for the 6 months her kitchen was being remodeled. Took that long for the stovetop to be delivered.
    After seeing my friend's it was so neat I almost bought one, even though I did really need it. At the time they seemed pricey, but I think the prices have come down. I'm still working on manipulating a justification. It might be nice in the summer when my kitchen gets pretty hot.

Induction burners seem very reasonable to me--as low as $50--you might want to revisit them.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Induction burners seem very reasonable to me--as low as $50--you might want to revisit them.
    They work quite well. I had one for use when I needed another burner, or wanted to warm things on the counter. I gave it to my Dad a few months ago when he moved into a studio "apartment" that lacked a kitchen - he is getting by with it, a small toaster oven, and a small microwave.

Thread Information