Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: resetting jewelry?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    That happened to me. The earrings my DH gave me for our engagement were stolen by a drug dealer from Patterson NJ. I had left them to be cleaned and they never put them in the safe, and the jewelry store was burglarized. Ironically, I'm like IL and not a jewelry person to begin with plus I'm really bad at taking care of jewelry. This was the first time I ever took something to the jewelers for cleaning.
    Oh, Catherine, that is so ironic. I'm so sorry.

No useful advice, but a sort of funny anecdote: Mom is a woman of pretty simple tastes. Dad was a captain in the merchant marines, and frequently brought us back cool gifts from Asia. He bought Mom a ring once, that was a gold two-headed dragon, with a star ruby, some small diamonds, an opal and an alexandrite. She teased him that he must have been drunk when he bought it, and she got it broken down into smaller rings for us 3 girls (I got the opal). She sold the setting to the jeweler.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    No useful advice, but a sort of funny anecdote: Mom is a woman of pretty simple tastes. Dad was a captain in the merchant marines, and frequently brought us back cool gifts from Asia. He bought Mom a ring once, that was a gold two-headed dragon, with a star ruby, some small diamonds, an opal and an alexandrite. She teased him that he must have been drunk when he bought it, and she got it broken down into smaller rings for us 3 girls (I got the opal). She sold the setting to the jeweler.
    Now that's a great family heirloom!

Thread Information