Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ad promoting IL abortion rights to attract businesses

Abortion - only if the woman is pregnant and doesn't want to be
    Euthanasia - only if quality of life sucks and person doesn't want to live any longer
    Just call me Rosa Kevorkian if you like.
    Mom frequently says she wishes she could just take a pill, and I tell her that if it were that easy, I would lovingly give her the pill with her beverage of choice, and I would. I offered to look into taking her to Switzerland a few years ago (Dignitas), but she was hesitant, so I didn't pursue it. I think that would have been the kindest possible act of love I could ever offer.

I don't think any male will ever comprehend what it is like to be pregnant and have to make the choice to terminate for all sorts of reasons. That the good 'ol boy governor and his cohorts are calling the shots mostly for political reasons is repugnant to me. I lived in Texas for most of my life but now I'm glad not to be there anymore. They are idiots to me. Other states advertising for abortions is also repugnant.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I don't think any male will ever comprehend what it is like to be pregnant and have to make the choice to terminate for all sorts of reasons.
    Well, transgender and nonbinary folks may find themselves in this situation...

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Abortion - only if the woman is pregnant and doesn't want to be
    Euthanasia - only if quality of life sucks and person doesn't want to live any longer
    Just call me Rosa Kevorkian if you like.
    Mom frequently says she wishes she could just take a pill, and I tell her that if it were that easy, I would lovingly give her the pill with her beverage of choice, and I would. I offered to look into taking her to Switzerland a few years ago (Dignitas), but she was hesitant, so I didn't pursue it. I think that would have been the kindest possible act of love I could ever offer.
    Defining “quality of life sucks” is easier said than done. If the patient involved is clear headed, he gets to decide, sure.But that often is not the case.look at all of the dementia-impaired parents we hear about in this tiny group alone.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Please install an eye rolling emoji as well! I often need it.
    They've already been there forever. An animated one for normal use and a blushy one for when you say something embarrassing. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I offered to look into taking her to Switzerland a few years ago (Dignitas), but she was hesitant, so I didn't pursue it. I think that would have been the kindest possible act of love I could ever offer.
    Oregon would be cheaper, but to do it there you have to be within 6 months of dying, iirc. I just hope by the time I'm ready to die, voluntary suicide will be quick and legal in whatever state I'm living in.

IMO you're exactly the kind of compassionate caregiver I hope I'll have when I'm in my last few months of life.

Not that we’ll ever have these stats but it would be interesting to know how many Texans will get abortions now and what their demographics end up being. It’s not a particularly radical concept to expect that Texas women who can afford to will simply go out of state to get abortions now. Lower income people may not have that option. So they will either have a baby they can’t afford and that the state won’t give a shit about and help them raise after it’s born, or they will go underground and have an unsafe abortion. Yay for the pro life people. They’ve managed to make the rest of us further think they are a bunch of lying frauds that don’t really care about life. If they did they’d be including access to birth control in this bill and access to help raising the children they are forcing poor women to have. But the fact that they didn’t tells us all we need to know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    If they did they’d be including access to birth control in this bill and access to help raising the children they are forcing poor women to have. But the fact that they didn’t tells us all we need to know about them.
    I like the feature where you have to carry your rapist's child to term. That's so special.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    They’ve managed to make the rest of us further think they are a bunch of lying frauds that don’t really care about life.
    Don't breath a sigh of relief too soon. The new Texas anti-abortion law is a stalking horse. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking_horse ) It will almost certainly get shot down at some point in the court system, but in the process of litigating it the courts will probably redefine and loosen the Roe vs Wade restrictions on how far a state can go in prohibiting abortions. Once that happens other conservative states will jump in with tight anti-abortion laws that barely comply with the new standards or maybe exceed them a little. And while we're waiting for this whole thing to play out in court, various right wing states are already crafting anti-abortion laws similar to the one in Texas, knowing the existence of the Texas law will give them a certain amount of cover and justification.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    They've already been there forever. An animated one for normal use and a blushy one for when you say something embarrassing. Enjoy.
    oh right!

Thread Information