Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Smile Hello everyone

Newbie to this forum here, but not to frugality. I’ve lived the frugal life for 30+ years. I’m looking to up my game a bit. I’m after an online community with a lot of ideas and support for accountability along my frugal journey.

My fav frugal activities/main interests are cooking and any crafting with fabric or yarn, except crochet. I’ve tried it - twice - and I’m really bad at it. Hats off to any crocheters out there who get perfect tension every time! 🙂. I like projects where I can take something old and upcycle it, or add value to it.

I am currently busy baking for an upcoming bicycle trip my Hubby is taking. Homemade granola bars anyone? They are sooo yummy! I am also baking bread the old fashioned way (no bread machine here), rolls and tortillas for the freezer. The rolls and tortillas are today’s cooking projects.

Groceries are getting so expensive here I am running cost comparisons between buying and making at home. I am retired…sort of. I am an artist. We never really retire. 🙂. But I do have more freedom with my time than a lot of other people do.

Well this is plenty long enough for an introduction! I look forward to checking out the boards to see what’s happening. Thank-you for adding me!

Glad to see you here!

What's in those granola bars?

I've been making the oat cake, a/k/a "flapjack" from FrugalJo's YouTube channel.

Yppej
    Welcome. The frugality forum is probably my favorite here and I look forward to your contributions.

Welcome from dry and crispy Washington State!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Welcome! For road trips, we sometimes make "breakfast cookies." They have the usual suspects but also a generous helping of either mashed sweet potato or pumpkin for extra nutrition.

Welcome!!

Welcome. There are a lot of long-time frugalers here. (is that a word?) So you may find it useful to read old threads that have gone silent and reply to the ones that interest you as a way to revitalize conversation on those topics. You'll also find this place is like a bunch of gabby long-time neighbors -- there's no telling what kind of stuff will be talked about or how far off track a thread will wander. But it's all good.

Welcome, RedSpruce! As a treehugger, I love your username!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome, RedSpruce! I look forward to hearing more from you. What area are you from?

Welcome! Lots of nice and helpful folks here. I would love to know your granola bar recipe as well!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information