Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republican politicians

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But at the end of the day do you, Alan, think the traitors from January 6 are victims or should they be going to jail? That will tell us all we need to know.
    I think everyone who commits violence against another outside the bounds of self defense or defense of another should be subject to prosecution, regardless of their political persuasion.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think everyone who commits violence against another outside the bounds of self defense or defense of another should be subject to prosecution, regardless of their political persuasion.
    Good. It’s a shame that most of our Republican politicians don’t feel the same way.

Good. It’s a shame that most of our Republican politicians don’t feel the same way.
    Have you polled them or did some TV propagandist tell you that?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I’m sure Trump appreciates jp’s efforts to keep his legend alive, but I don’t think we need to worry about where the next bogeyman will come from. If history teaches us anything, is that there will always be another one in the pipeline. It appears Ron Desantis is already being groomed for the role.

But at the end of the day do you, Alan, think the traitors from January 6 are victims or should they be going to jail? That will tell us all we need to know.
    I am not Alan, but the people who rioted in Washington D.C.and threateing politicians there, and damaging government property, need to be prosecuted for their crimes.

I would like to see the same thing happened to rioters and damagers here, but there is little political will for it.

Trumpism is an ongoing problem.

Adam Kinzinger is one of the few decent Republicans who have called Trump and his bootlickers out on the Big Lie. We need more like him.

Jp, are you at all cheered at the thought of many oldster Trumpers becoming incapacitated by Covid19 because they are not vaccinated? I dont mean “cheered” as in happy they they are sick or dead, but “ cheered” because they won't be voting.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m sure Trump appreciates jp’s efforts to keep his legend alive, but I don’t think we need to worry about where the next bogeyman will come from. If history teaches us anything, is that there will always be another one in the pipeline. It appears Ron Desantis is already being groomed for the role.
    God this is exactly right, Donald Trump is thrilled that Donald Trump resides in jp’s head, “keeping his legend alive.”

let it go, bro. It is best for you, for me, and for our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Have you polled them or did some TV propagandist tell you that?
    When Ron Johnson says things like “by and large, it was peaceful protest,” while arguing that “it wasn’t… an insurrection.” and “To say there were thousands of armed insurrectionists breaching the Capitol intent on overthrowing the government is just simply a false narrative.” I take him at his word. And in this case he's an anti-American shitbag lying to protect the leader of his party. But I'm sure Wisconsin's republican voters are perfectly fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    God this is exactly right, Donald Trump is thrilled that Donald Trump resides in jp’s head, “keeping his legend alive.”

let it go, bro. It is best for you, for me, and for our country.
    No, what's best for our country is to make sure that republicans are never again allowed to try and steal an election with their lies about voter fraud. It's wishful thinking to pretend that if the republicans had controlled the house that they would not have installed trump as the dictator in January. And if they get a chance to try again under those circumstances it's perfectly reasonable to expect that they will do so. I really don't want to be coming here in 3 1/2 or 7 1/2 years to say "I told you so."

Thread Information