Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Republican politicians

  1. #1
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309

    Republican politicians

    Need to speak clearly that they no longer support their partyís leader if they want the rest of us to believe that they are not the party of radical Insurrectionists who want to overthrow the government if itís convenient for them. The traitors of January 6th are not being persecuted and his sad sack sore loser support of them needs to be repudiated firmly and without equivocation.

    Trump in his written statement Thursday, said, "Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest concerning the Rigged Presidential Election."

  2. #2
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    20,083
    Why is Donald Trump is taking up so much space in your head JP?

  3. #3
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why is Donald Trump is taking up so much space in your head JP?
    Because whether of not you like it heís still the head of the Republican Party.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    And until we see someone like Mitch McConnell confront him publicly that will be the case.

  5. #5
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Because whether of not you like it he’s still the head of the Republican Party.
    So if I remember correctly you also hated Reagan, Bush 41 and Bush 43 but I'm assuming Trump tops the list for you. I can understand if it's something about Trump's personality that you abhor but you gotta admit it also seems like a trend.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #6
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So if I remember correctly you also hated Reagan, Bush 41 and Bush 43 but I'm assuming Trump tops the list for you. I can understand if it's something about Trump's personality that you abhor but you gotta admit it also seems like a trend.
    Actually itís the fact that each one has been worse than the past one. I can hardly wait for the next Republican jackass that gets nominated. Perhaps deathsantis? Surprised you didnít mention Nixon. Another Republican Ďwinnerí.

  7. #7
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Actually it’s the fact that each one has been worse than the past one. I can hardly wait for the next Republican jackass that gets nominated. Perhaps deathsantis? Surprised you didn’t mention Nixon. Another Republican ‘winner’.
    I didn't mention Nixon because I suspect you weren't politically aware during his administration. I am glad to see though that the only commonality between them all is that they were Republicans and that's enough for you. You gotta admire someone who can maintain that sort of bias for a lifetime.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I didn't mention Nixon because I suspect you weren't politically aware during his administration. I am glad to see though that the only commonality between them all is that they were Republicans and that's enough for you. You gotta admire someone who can maintain that sort of bias for a lifetime.
    The commonality is that their shame didnít involve lying about a blow job which seems to be super important to the prude party. And maybe Bush 41ís only shame was that he was honest about taxes. But then that cost him re-election. And fordís only shame is that he didnít let Nixon go to prison as he should have. Which appears to have been the worst shame of all in hindsight.

  9. #9
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,309
    But at the end of the day do you, Alan, think the traitors from January 6 are victims or should they be going to jail? That will tell us all we need to know.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,955
    At last we agree on something JP. I don't like Charlie Baker and he's a Republican.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •