Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Republican politicians

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    When Ron Johnson says things like “by and large, it was peaceful protest,” while arguing that “it wasn’t… an insurrection.” and “To say there were thousands of armed insurrectionists breaching the Capitol intent on overthrowing the government is just simply a false narrative.” I take him at his word.
    I suppose by that you mean to say you reject everything he said in much the same way you rejected similar Democratic statements during every riot in every Democratic stronghold across the country over the past several years. Wait, you did reject those too didn't you?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I suppose by that you mean to say you reject everything he said in much the same way you rejected similar Democratic statements during every riot in every Democratic stronghold across the country over the past several years. Wait, you did reject those too didn't you?
    You're right. A random CVS getting looted somewhere is just as important as the seat of our government being ransacked by the traitor party's leader's supporters on one of the most important days of the legislature's quadrennial calendar.

You're right. A random CVS getting looted somewhere is just as important as the seat of our government being ransacked by the traitor party's leader's supporters on one of the most important days of the legislature's quadrennial calendar.
    I think we discussed this when protestors were attempting to burn down a government building in Portland a year or so ago, remind me again, what did you say about that mostly peaceful protest?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think we discussed this when protestors were attempting to burn down a government building in Portland a year or so ago, remind me again, what did you say about that mostly peaceful protest?
    Have they arrested 600+ people for that? If not is it because there werenít that many involved? Was the building occupied by virtually all of our federally elected officials at the time? How many law
    Enforcement officers had to go to the hospital after defending that building? Was it more than 15 as happened on January 6?

Have they arrested 600+ people for that? If not is it because there weren’t that many involved? Was the building occupied by virtually all of our federally elected officials at the time? How many law
    Enforcement officers had to go to the hospital after defending that building? Was it more than 15 as happened on January 6?
    Injury to police officers and security personnel are now a measure of severity of riot?

Hunh, I didn’t get that memo. Boy it is hard to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Injury to police officers and security personnel are now a measure of severity of riot?

Hunh, I didn’t get that memo. Boy it is hard to keep up.
    Among the other things I mentioned. I also deem a riot intended to overthrow the government to be more severe. But from what I can tell republicans donít seem to care much about the government so I guess maybe thatís a partisan thing that only affects democrats opinions about riots.

Thread Information