Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Am Impressed By My Main Financial Institution.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

I Am Impressed By My Main Financial Institution.....

I won't mention the name of this credit union as this is not a commercial. I just wanted to post an amazing recent experience with my credit union.

Fraud was detected on my debit card. So this CU overnighted me a replacement card. Then less than a week later, this CU once again overnighted me a debit card and separate from that, this CU also overnighted me a new PIN. (my wallet was lost/stolen, this is why the need for another debit card)

I don't know about you'all but to me this CU is a keeper. And one time I was locked out of my account and I called customer service and the CSR spent 41(!!!) minutes with me until the issue was resolved. I was so impressed that I asked to speak to her supervisor when I was transferred to said supervisor, I showered the CSR with praise.

One thing in my life is working well - I am a member of a CU that actually practices customer service even in this day and age. Rob

That is good to hear.

Three times I have called Lowe’s (big box home improvement store) about a missing package and have received super friendly and helpful service each time.

I'm an enthusiastic fan of credit unions, personally.
    And any company that has real local customer service and minimizes those awful automated phone systems gets my business.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And any company that has real local customer service and minimizes those awful automated phone systems gets my business.
    Agreed on automated phone systems, Jane. One of the more annoying uses of technology that confront us on a regular basis. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Agreed on automated phone systems, Jane. One of the more annoying uses of technology that confront us on a regular basis. Rob
    Especially the ones that use badly implemented voice recognition instead of just letting you press the number for whichever option you want.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I will say like with anything else, caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware. I am a member of one local CU in Arizona that I am about to kick to the curb. This CU is bank like in its search for any and every way to fee you - it's like a mini Wells Fargo. My point is shop around - just because it's a CU does bot automatically make them a desirable financial institution. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    Especially the ones that use badly implemented voice recognition instead of just letting you press the number for whichever option you want.
    Totally agreed. Rob

I believe Assiniboine Credit Union in Winnipeg MB Canada has been exemplary. "Bank on values".

Among the innovations at ACU:
    Reconciliation with aboriginal peoples.
    Inner City Homebuyer Plan.
    New to Canada Program.
    Islamic mortgage.

http://www.acu.ca/en/about/our-commu...g-in-community

That’s excellent rob! Personally I love my credit union. I joined when I was 5 or 6 years old. They were having a deal where if kids became members with at least a $5 deposit the CU would also put $5 into the account, so my parents opened accounts for me and my sister. Last year when we bought our house and I was transferring a large amount of money out of my CU account by wire I had to answer several questions to verify my identity. ‘When did you become a member?’ Was one. My response was ‘whenever you opened in the early 70’s? I was maybe 5 ears old?’ Apparently that was close enough. My member number is just over 10,000. I assume now they are waaaay higher than that.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Ours give a higher rate on a CD than we could find anywhere. I don’t feel comfortable without a safe cash cushion even with no debt. I personally cannot believe we are not in for a major correction with our propped up economy and huge home and stock price increase.

Thread Information