Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic surgery

Cosmetic surgery

What is the deal with these cute young women having awful cosmetic procedures done to their face? There’s a young woman in St. Louis who’s full of the Botox stuff and I knew she didn’t look natural, but then I saw someone on TV who has exactly the same look, not an actress but somebody on one of the reality shows.

They are striving for that exact look, apparently. And then on another reality show I saw the most hideous version of cosmetic surgery. Honestly I kept staring at this woman who was on a Say Yes to the Dress show in London. She looked like a man. I kept staring at her looking for an Adam’s apple. She was thrilled with her cosmetic surgery and they showed a picture of her before and she was a cute woman prior to messing up her face.

Yppej
    I agree. Darcy and Stacy are prime examples.

I've noticed that--so many of these people end up looking exactly the same--like Barbie dolls.
    I have no problem with plastic surgery in general, if it's done judiciously.

What happens when they start aging? I don't think it will look natural and they'll get more stuff done.

It's amazing how phony so many celebrities and internet personalities look. Between hair extensions, fake lashes, tattooed eyebrows, contouring, shapewear, filters, photoshop, veneers.....and the guys are just as bad as the women! It must be funny if a couple hooks up and they don't recognize each other in the morning.

I buzz my own hair and don't color it, only fill in my brows and occasionally wear mascara, follow a dental care program, and take care of my skin. And I think I'm high maintenance!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've noticed that--so many of these people end up looking exactly the same--like Barbie dolls.
    I have no problem with plastic surgery in general, if it's done judiciously.
    WARNING!!!
    The url in this message talks about cosmetic surgery between your legs. The existence of this procedure was pointed out to me by my exSO because she was as horrified by it as I am.
    I can't believe women actually do this.
    https://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4104368.htm

Last edited by GeorgeParker; 9-18-21 at 9:07pm. Reason: fixed url

So few nose jobs end well.

Well, cosmetic surgery didn't turn out well for The Joker:

As my Scottish MIL would say, "it's a lot of nonsense." But actually, in her older years, she tinkered with the idea of having her double chin lifted (she didn't have much of a double chin, either).

I do not believe in cosmetic surgery. Some careers have been ruined by it (Jennifer Gray). I have a bump on my nose that I've always hated, but I've never had the money or enough motivation to do anything about it.

If it makes people feel better about themselves, that's great, and I think they should do it if they want to, but in general, I think it sets people off on a quest for perfection that really can't be achieved. I like quirky. That goes for houses and faces.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Way back in the early 1960s a comedian did a routine about plastic surgery. The only line I remember is "People with big noses all want a cute little nose, so they get a nose job. And they're naturally attracted to a mate who also has a cute little nose. And when their baby is born, the kid has a beak like a macaw!"

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    WARNING!!!
    The url in this message talks about cosmetic surgery between your legs. The existence of this procedure was pointed out to me by my exSO because she was as horrified by it as I am.
    I can't believe women actually do this.
    https://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4104368.htm

I watched a documentary about labia surgery. Some of those operations are “necessary” apparently to remove excess tissue that leads to chafing and discomfort. But there is a trend for aesthetic surgery. Unfortunate.

Thread Information