Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic surgery

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I am too much of a chicken to have things altered. I inherited a tendency towards droopy eyelids so if it hinders my eyesight someday, I might consider that surgery to correct. The look I find weird and I don't know what causes it is the Joker smile. Noticed it on recent pix of Britney Spears.
    I think there is a difference between corrective surgery and cosmetic surgery. Clefts, repairable disfigurements, etc. are wholly different things to me than simply "make me look younger/better". Breast reduction to fix back pain, fixing a nose to be able to breath better, etc. - to me - all corrective.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I am too much of a chicken to have things altered. I inherited a tendency towards droopy eyelids so if it hinders my eyesight someday, I might consider that surgery to correct. The look I find weird and I don't know what causes it is the Joker smile. Noticed it on recent pix of Britney Spears.
    tHe Joker Smile! Thatís it! It is what k Iím talking about here, itís a combination of cheek filler and lip filler I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    what exactly constitutes "young" - 18, 25, 30, 40, 50????
    Apropos:
    1986 Jordache Jean commercial that was quickly banned.
    1st Teen Boy: "Have you ever seen your parents naked?"
    1st Teen Girl: "I did, but it wasn't that bad."
    2nd Teen Girl: "I can't even think about it." {Shudder}
    2nd Teen Boy: "It's like they reach a certain age and their skin doesn't fit anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Boss Mare it isnt the botox on foreheads that I notice, it is lip fillers plus I think ?cheek? implants?that forms this, I dunno, smiling zombie look I notice on young women.

Nicole Kidman had lip fillers for a while And that looked stupid on her because she has naturally very thin lips. She has a thin nose delicate features, thin lips, sheís a classic Celtic or Northern European women. But yes, this was temporary, I know Botox disappears.

I need to go off to Googleland and find a photo of The Look I am talking about. Oh, also two of the look-alike babes I mean are super skinny with bigboobs, so It is likely they had boob jobs, too. Additions.It is unusual for the super skinny to have balloon breasts.
    I get Botox injections between my brows, the corners of my eyes and my forehead. My frowning is is so bad that the muscles are so strong that the Dr actually does injections up into my scalp. My Juvederm is to correct the frown lines at the corners of my mouth and the " marionette lines" so I have a more balanced look overall. I think lip injections are silly. As someone who was very large busted , boob jobs are ridiculous. The exception being a mastectomy . Then I am all for it.

The discussion about naturally large breasted women reminds me of a very sweet coworker I had long ago. She was in her mid 20ís, about 5 foot nothing tall and had massive boobs. She hated them and even at her age was already suffering from back pain as a result. So she decided to have them reduced. One day, before she did, she came to work and shared an awful experience she had had on the NJ transit train that morning. An older fellow standing near her on the crowded train looked her up and down before focusing on her boobs and then said to them, Ďnice. Very nice.í Being a thick skinned girl from NJ she was able to handle it, responding Ďthanks. Iíll tell my mother you like them.í And rolling her eyes. But it obviously hadnít been a pleasant experience for her. After the reduction she looked much more proportional and seemed to be much more comfortable with her body.

One problem with big breasts that didn't exist 40+ years ago is the current assumption that if you have huge breasts in proportion to your body size, they must be fake, and if you have tiny breasts in proportion to your body size, they must be real. And nowadays even If your breasts are the perfect size, a certain percentage of people will suspect they've been enhanced.

In the days before cosmetic surgery became so common and breast implants became so highly publicized, the general assumption was simple: Unless you're a movie star or a Playboy bunny, whatever breast size you have is obviously real. Alas, only small-breasted women get the benefit of that assumption now.

People should get it if they want it, but unless it's corrective (born with deformities, burn injuries, pain, etc.), noone has any need for it before 40 and almost noone at 40 for that matter either (meth addicts maybe? lifelong smokers perhaps? tanning addicts?). But if one has to draw an arbitrary line.

But I don't think younger people getting surgery is actually about low self-worth necessarily, it's about the stuff talked about in the prostitution thread. So one is an okay looking young woman, that's enough really if one wants a guy to sleep with or a guy to date (I won't comment on non-hetero relationships). Some of those guys will not be good news, but that's another subject (having met a few abusive guys in my youth). But what if instead of something ordinary like that, one is trying to snag a doctor or someone richer than that, or what if one sells ones image to get rich oneself, an actress, an influencer whatever ... then one turns oneself into what one imagines is the perfect embodiment of male desire. It's cartoonish, I mean that's what it most resembles is a cartoon.

The breast thing seems quaint, apparently the latest surgery is on the butt and tons of women have had it. I saw a woman with an amazing bootie, and then thought "it's probably fake, it's too perfect". Yea, yea, just a lot of working out at the gym, but that's not how it looked, it changes how you see things to know how many fake booties etc. there are out there.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    The breast thing seems quaint, apparently the latest surgery is on the butt and tons of women have had it.
    "A Chorus Line" debuted on Broadway in 1975, and one of the songs in it was about cosmetic surgery to enhance the breast and butt. It's very much worth noting how big her boobs are. They're big but not huge. And this is this image chosen to represent what a woman who got her "tits and ass" enhanced looks like in 1975 -- not freakish, just very shapely.

This is what I read, well reading that was pretty disturbing.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/225983...mi-cost-tiktok
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I think there is a difference between corrective surgery and cosmetic surgery. Clefts, repairable disfigurements, etc. are wholly different things to me than simply "make me look younger/better". Breast reduction to fix back pain, fixing a nose to be able to breath better, etc. - to me - all corrective.
    I think having the eyelid surgery is also supposed to enhance the appearance of the eyes, so it's a twofer, even if one decided to get it for the most pragmatic of reasons.

Thread Information