Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic surgery

I am a Botox/ Dysport and Juvederm user. Number one thing to remember about injectables is that they do wear off. I use Botox/Dysport because I have a very very bad habit of extreme frowning when I am concentrating or under alot of stress. I look very angry and unapproachable. That's not a good thing when working at a dental office . Its been a God send to me. The skill of the Dr administering it and having a reasonable expectation is important. I don't have the deer in the headlight look . I have also had breast reduction. and the benefit of that is now even at age 60, not only do I have back and shoulder issues gone, but I am very perky. Sorry if that was TMI
    Now, that said, I have a friend who has had a lot of " body and fender work" done . From a distance, she looks awesome. Up close, not so much and its obvious that she has had work done.
    OTOH... I just love Dolly Parton's quote " If it's draggin' or saggin', it gets nipped and tucked"
    But then look at Michael Jackson. his first nose job he was fine... ( Thriller era) But after that, when he got chin and cheek implants and more nose jobs... That was very sad. he was a very handsome man before all of that.

Boss Mare it isnt the botox on foreheads that I notice, it is lip fillers plus I think ?cheek? implants?that forms this, I dunno, smiling zombie look I notice on young women.

Nicole Kidman had lip fillers for a while And that looked stupid on her because she has naturally very thin lips. She has a thin nose delicate features, thin lips, she’s a classic Celtic or Northern European women. But yes, this was temporary, I know Botox disappears.

I need to go off to Googleland and find a photo of The Look I am talking about. Oh, also two of the look-alike babes I mean are super skinny with bigboobs, so It is likely they had boob jobs, too. Additions.It is unusual for the super skinny to have balloon breasts.

As a teenager and young woman my wife's younger sister was blessed with a spectacular chest, which she enjoyed, as well as a spectacular nose, which she did not. By the time she was 50 she decided that her back could no longer survive the chest and she was just tired of that hawk like nose so she had them both reduced. She's much happier now and if you didn't know better, you'd never know the nose wasn't natural.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Nose jobs are classic if you need it.

As a teenager my nose used to bother me, but now I look at it and think it’s perfectly fine. It’s not a NICE nose, there are no cosmetic surgeons who are using my nose as a model nose, but it is perfectly fine for me.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/11...barton-hanson/

ok, this captures the trend I’m talking about that makes them all look the same: lip plus cheek fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/11...barton-hanson/

ok, this captures the trend I’m talking about that makes them all look the same: lip plus cheek fillers.
    Ewww. The first woman--Chloe Ferry--was naturally lovely before the carnage. Her perfectly acceptable nose appears to have been ruined, too. But it's her face...

Sometimes I learn things in the most unexpected places. When I got my moderna shot a few weeks ago one of the screening questions was "any dermal fillers?" Those three words in that combination meant nothing to me such that I had to ask the woman to repeat the question before answering no figuring that while I had no idea what they were, if I'd had dermal fillers surely I would at least recognize the phrase. Apparently people who have them occasionally have issues after they get jabbed for covid.

I don't personally find the bloated lips and hard chiseled face look to be at all attractive, but I assume there must be other people who do or else it wouldn't be a thing. If/when these women have children I suppose they won't get the usual comments about how the child looks like them...

I have known people that had breast reductions that had pain disappear from not having to carry such a heavy load. Lip and cheek fillers make people look weird.

I think they call it "plastic surgery" for a reason - all too often, people end up looking "plastic" - definitely not "normal".

In my opinion, there is such a beauty to aging! I find it very sad that so many people struggle to stay "young" when aging is inevitable (and what exactly constitutes "young" - 18, 25, 30, 40, 50????). I'd rather embrace with joy myself in my final years than spending those years hating and fearing and fighting the inevitable. But that's just me.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I am too much of a chicken to have things altered. I inherited a tendency towards droopy eyelids so if it hinders my eyesight someday, I might consider that surgery to correct. The look I find weird and I don't know what causes it is the Joker smile. Noticed it on recent pix of Britney Spears.

Thread Information