Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did all those Haitians get to the southern border?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

How did all those Haitians get to the southern border?

That question strikes me unusual as there has been no news where anyone is asking the question. Many are being flown back to Haiti yet came up from Chili or other south American countries. Any ideas?

It does seem awfully fishy, doesn't it? Something to make the current prez look bad? Why would Mexico and other countries allow them to stream through? The ones interviewed on TV spoke fluent Spanish so they must have lived south for many years. And then showing a Texas Ranger herding people like cattle with his bull whip. What a show the media brings us!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Why would Mexico and other countries allow them to stream through?
    Why not? They do that all the time with people from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

According to interviews with some of the immigrants currently in Del Rio it appears Mexico had been holding them in one of their southern states as they filtered into Mexico from Central and South American countries after seeking or being granted legitimate asylum in those countries but then deciding to move north for economic reasons. After being detained in Mexico for months in some cases they were suddenly released and invited to head further north during the 3 day holiday period celebrating Mexico's Independence Week. The crossing point at Del Rio seems to have been chosen, or perhaps suggested, since the cartels in that area were not actively demanding fees or "taxes" prior to being allowed to walk across the border. Why the Huge Illegal Alien Camp Formed in Del Rio (cis.org)

Other sources have suggested that since the Biden administration has failed to pony up money it has promised Mexico in exchange for helping manage the influx of all immigrants, the Mexican government decided to send the administration a message that could not be ignored. I think there may be something to this judging from our government's efforts to hide the enormity of the problem from the public.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I read about Border Patrol agents whipping Haitian migrants with some kind of lasso and I just don't understand. I can accept not admitting these migrants but whipping these people? I'm glad I only worked four hours today - sent home early to minimize OT.

I'm not ashamed to admit this, for the first time in I don't know how long, I cried. I tried to put myself in these migrants shoes and I couldn't get past crying. Why is this country like this and why is it acceptable for Border agents to assualt migrants? Today I just don't understand what I'm doing here as I doubt these agents will face consequences.

It's true that Austria not all that long ago was guilty of much worse. Granted and given. I just don't understand why this once land of refuge has had to do a 180 and become a nation in which it is supposed to be acceptable to assault migrants? I'll end here as I'm getting very worked up over this. Rob

Guess we can tell who has never ridden a horse western style. I just watched the video. There was no whip. The long trailing pieces of leather are the ends of the reins.

Figured it was probably better to delete the rest.

But illegals are illegals. 10K I heard. That’s an invasion.

Media called them bull whips.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Media called them bull whips.
    The media. Yeah right.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    As I read more about this situation, one thing is clear to me - what is the Biden Administration's real stance on migrants and immigration? I understand that many Haitians have been flown back to Haiti. Who gets in as a migrant and who does not and what are the qualifying criteria? Will a path to citizenship emerge, or will more planeloads of would be migrants take off for the friendly skies? I find myself confused on this Administration's stances towards migrants and immigration after photos and an in person account have shown up on the Internet.

Have we moved beyond the DJT years on this issue? Rob

Came back to add that I am likely to be more sensitive to this issue than most as my Mother is an immigrant, as is SO. Though the composition of my neighborhood is changing - I still live in an area with many immigrants. I guess what I am trying to say is that I have more immigrants in my life than most Caucasian folks do - I'm not saying this is good or bad, either. I am making no judgement here - my life just is this way. Long winded point? This is a supercharged issue for me. Rob

Yppej
    Back in the 70's and 80's Cuban boat people were welcomed and Haitian boat people were turned away and badmouthed as dirty, carrying AIDS, etc. So the discrepancy you note Rob is longstanding and has to do with politics. Many economic refugees - and in the case of the Marielitos, criminals - since Castro emptied the jails to get rid of them - were welcomed because Cuba is a communist country whereas Haiti is not, never mind the problems our centuries long meddling in Haiti, including by the Clinton Foundation, has caused.

ETA Because of the Clinton Foundation some Haitians supported Trump only to have him later refer to their homeland as a s***hole country.

Thread Information