Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: How did all those Haitians get to the southern border?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Well what do you expect, I see properties posted here that I could pay cash for, after decades of renting one bedroom apartments (so not even cashing out a property, it's not even riding a property ladder, I was born too late to get in on it except if I inherit, unless I did in my 20s *maybe*, but I was 30 before I considered it, and woops too late, property prices are stratospheric. It's way more boring: it's just earning wages, saving money, property is affordable some places for cash, other places with a mortgage, and in CA mostly NOT AT ALL). But my ties are here now, so no. But I have to say Texas is not tempting.
    are you happy and feel like you have a life that you want? Because isn’t that what it’s all about?
    I see more people who are angry and so terribly unhappy when if they just calm down and turned off the news hatemongers would realize their life is pretty good and maybe they could turn some of their anger and frustration into good. IrisLillies and JP1 just had a wonderful exchange somewhere about how they try to support charities that are doing good in the world.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I wanted to add I was not attacking you in any way, just musing that we are all different. Some people greatly benefited by real estate, education, family ties and so on. Others have done everything right but didn’t get a lot of breaks. Yet no matter what your situation you can find peace and happiness. I hope for you that is your situation.
    one of the reasons the developed counties around the world are having the problems we are witnessing along our southern borders is we have what everyone in the world wants. The chance to work,people to love and love us, have a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clean h2o coming out of the taps.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It’s a shame we don’t have a lot of unfilled jobs that these people could help fill.
    Good irony! Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    France should be taking in the Haitians and offering them reparations.
    I agree. Or they could what Spain has done and offer eady visas and a fairly quick path to Spanish citizenship for.thosr born in former territories of Spain. Some Venezuelans with money have done this. Rob

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    clean h2o coming out of the taps.
    Seriously?

Flint, Michigan.

Seriously?

Flint, Michigan.
    Wait? What? You care about that? The people in flint were going to die anyway so shouldn’t we be like ‘whatever? A bunch of dead people.’ Yawn. That’s your style, right?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Wait? What? You care about that? The people in flint were going to die anyway so shouldn’t we be like ‘whatever? A bunch of dead people.’ Yawn. That’s your style, right?
    Or maybe your style when you hop on a plane and jet around the country during the delta surge.

Or maybe your style when you hop on a plane and jet around the country during the delta surge.
    If you had the courage of your convictions you’d move to a pro-death state where you could live mask free. I’ve read that currently Alaska is totally your style. Hospitals there are currently in crisis care mode. But at least they don’t have a mask mandate.

But instead of living your true self you just choose to whine whine whine about the tyranny of a little piece of cloth.

Yppej
    Hospitals are full because of the backlog of elective surgeries not done previously due to covid. They are not full of covid cases.

Hospitals are full because of the backlog of elective surgeries not done previously due to covid. They are not full of covid cases.
    We discovered in my wife's recent hospital stay that our local hospitals have all gone to one person rooms rather than two due to covid protocols. This has significantly diminished the available beds.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information