Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How did all those Haitians get to the southern border?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So now we're the society that herds people as if they were farm animals?
    Yep. And our public health goal is herd immunity.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    how should we handle 14,000 or so people who want to enter this border crossing, plus all the afghans, people in refugee camps, people crossing other border areas and flying in on planes and overstating their visas? How do they get food, shelter, sanitation, get their kids into school, get jobs etc?

You should tell them how dreadful we are. Maybe they’ll stop trying to infiltrate our borders.

Mounted units for crowd control are not a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You should tell them how dreadful we are. Maybe they’ll stop trying to infiltrate our borders.
    They probably figured that out without my help.

how should we handle 14,000 or so people who want to enter this border crossing, plus all the afghans, people in refugee camps, people crossing other border areas and flying in on planes and overstating their visas? How do they get food, shelter, sanitation, get their kids into school, get jobs etc?
    Not to mention...dealing with the thousands of homeless citizens living on the streets of this country.
    I read a local story of a church that will be helping Afghans resettle locally. It sounded very kind-hearted as they will assign volunteers to each family and help them find shelter, learn English, set up schooling, accompany them to the grocery and TRY to help them understand our own peculiar culture.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Rob already tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I am not much of a horseman, but I went to high school at a boarding school with an active cattle ranch on the plains of Colorado, and riding and various competitions were part of the curriculum.

I just went and found several of the videos of the “horrific” incident. And looked at them carefully.

I did not see any whips used, just long reins. And I saw the reins being twirled in a circular motion to put up a barrier between the horse and the people on the ground. (There are all sorts of reasons for this that should be obvious to anyone who has ridden outside of a petting zoo).

I did not see humans as the directed target of this technique.

This is a manufactured controversy, and the people making much of it either know nothing about horses, or are selling you something.
    The man on the chestnut horse is riding with split reins and a snaffle bit. In one picture he reaching over and pulling the bit through the horse's mouth ( not a good thing) Its hard to explain but he is riding with them crossed over each other . when he is leaning over with the man with the groceries, the one side is too tight on the one side, causing the bit to be pulled through the horses mouth. That leaves alot of slack one the other side to flop and fly around ( the rein that looks like its being used to whip) In the video, it looks' like he is twirling the ends of the reins at some one.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob already tried that.
    Excuse me? No comprende. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Excuse me? No comprende. Rob
    I didnt mean this literally. Your ruminations about the United States leak out into the vast internet audience, informing all including incoming migrants about the big badness of the U.S. Why, just by carrying forward the “we whip illegal immigrants” you have done a job here.

Thread Information