Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fall Challenge

I am on the board and their approach is reasonable. It’s not militant but your balcony can’t be used for storage.

TeacherTerry: I looked up the rules regarding curtains and it says all occupied units must have curtains or blinds in their windows. They must be clean, in good repair, and thick enough so people inside are not visible. The person who took offense was directed to the part of the bylaws where that describes the process to petition the board to consider her proposed rule change. We'll see if she feels strongly enough to go through the proper channels. Our board President elect is very fond of telling complainers to join the x committee and do something about it.

Our Condo HOA is only strict on parking since there's 11 fewer parking spaces than units. It's an older property from when people had fewer cars.

Hana, even if they changed the rule everyone living there now should be grandfathered in with the curtains they have if they match the present rules. So curtains would only need to be in compliance as people moved out. I find it silly to worry about something like that anyways.

Yppej
    Celebrated a second birthday. Pulled a muscle or something hiking so I won't be walking for exercise for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Celebrated a second birthday. Pulled a muscle or something hiking so I won't be walking for exercise for the time being.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Yppej
    TY RosaRugosa.

Fans and A/Cs have all been cleaned and put away for the season and the semi-annual closet cleanout is done.
    We haven't had a frost yet, so I'm taking a very laid-back approach to end-of-season garden activities.

Yppej
    My leg is back to normal but I have only walked once this week as it was rainy or cold. I gave had two frosts this fall. I will try to walk indoors both today and tomorrow. Going out this weekend to look for more Christmas gifts and hopefully I don't run into too many supply chain issues.

Made some progress

Currently under Frost advisory so I pulled the duvet our of storage, not sure if I'll need it. Rather have it instead of being up all night shivering.
    I also pulled a plastic bin of unknown stuff to sort.
    Organized one of the scrap bags. Sorted scraps by size in to small, medium, and large. It's easier to start with size then grab the relevant color.
    I met a social worker who is interested in giving the socks, hats, scarves, and mittens to her clients. I gave her my number and she will text to make arrangements.

Tonight I'll work on the second bag of scraps and the bin of unknown stuff, or finish the hat I'm knitting so I can add it to the rest for pick up.

Knew that half of my list was weather dependent, glad things are moving.

edit: heard from the social worker, she's picking up the knitted things tonight 11/3
    Last edited by hana; 11-3-21 at 2:16pm. Reason: adding info

Yppej
    Didn't walk last weekend other than around stores, but have two times this week and hope to this weekend. At a minimum I will rake leaves for some exercise.

Finished my Christmas shopping and attended another Board of Health meeting where I once again failed to get them to rescind the mask mandate.

Thread Information