Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumnal Equinox

Yppej

Autumnal Equinox

Is this date on 9/22 the end of our next challenge interval?

That works for me, Jeppy. My thought has always been that whoever starts the thread gets to call it. It isn't a whole lot of time though, so I will keep expectations for myself modest.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That works for me, Jeppy. My thought has always been that whoever starts the thread gets to call it. It isn't a whole lot of time though, so I will keep expectations for myself modest.
    me, too!

Yppej
    Get an electrician in.
    Get a plumber in.
    If the tomatoes are done producing cut down a tree.
    Trim my forsythia bushes (only one done so far - four to go).
    Get the furnace cleaned.
    Take apart the bed frame propped up in my dining room.
    Paint the walls by the stairs that the plasterer fixed.
    Get a new phone.
    Do some fun things on my vacation.

ETA: Get an eye exam and new contact lenses.

Get caller id on my phone.
    Write syllabi for three new classes and begin teaching them by third week of August.
    Make 6 more visits to see Mom before her hearing in September.
    Look at two new potential areas to live in Maine and promote calm, rational discussion with husband about the moving process.
    Reduce books in barn to half by number and space.

Yppej
    Ambitious but good goals Tybee.

I am so disgusted with my lack of progress on all fronts. And there are so many fronts - I'm aware that is a (the??) major problem. But I just don't seem able to focus on ONE MAIN THING.
    So I reboot - again - and keep trying, right?
    So from now until the equinox:
    Take apart one of the treadle sewing machines and price the components for sale.
    Soak/wash/iron/price the boxes of linens I need to sell, and get the ironing board out of the living room. HOW did I end up inheriting SO MANY throws, tablecloths, napkins, embroidered pillowcases? And my SIL just gave me boxes of linens from her family. I bet I have 75 mid-century tablecloths... and damask, and lace, and, and.... I have ONE table!! At least the cloths are selling fairly well! I've been pretty good about sorting out the torn, stained, or worn stuff, so at least what is left will sell, I just need to prep it. I keep selling the easy stuff, and letting the "needs work" stuff sit. Like the laundry fairies will come do it while I'm asleep, lol.

Wow, what ambitions you all have.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I am so disgusted with my lack of progress on all fronts. And there are so many fronts - I'm aware that is a (the??) major problem. But I just don't seem able to focus on ONE MAIN THING.
    So I reboot - again - and keep trying, right?
    So from now until the equinox:
    Take apart one of the treadle sewing machines and price the components for sale.
    Soak/wash/iron/price the boxes of linens I need to sell, and get the ironing board out of the living room. HOW did I end up inheriting SO MANY throws, tablecloths, napkins, embroidered pillowcases? And my SIL just gave me boxes of linens from her family. I bet I have 75 mid-century tablecloths... and damask, and lace, and, and.... I have ONE table!! At least the cloths are selling fairly well! I've been pretty good about sorting out the torn, stained, or worn stuff, so at least what is left will sell, I just need to prep it. I keep selling the easy stuff, and letting the "needs work" stuff sit. Like the laundry fairies will come do it while I'm asleep, lol.
    That's a lot of tablecloths! I have too many but sorted them out during the move.
    Where are you selling them? I should try. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Ambitious but good goals Tybee.
    Thanks, Yppej!

Thread Information