Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Challenge

I used to have fall chores but now I have none other than bringing my plant inside for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I used to have fall chores but now I have none other than bringing my plant inside for the winter.
    Having watched your move and settling in to the new place, I'm so happy for you... and jealous!!! LOL. It's nice to read about someone who has settled into their simple life. Thanks so much for sharing it all.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Cut the tree.

Walked three times this week.

Got a second birthday card and came up with a plan for another birthday.

Put me down as another one envious of your condo move, TeacherTerry.

Count me in at 3. Must be nice to be settled!

Thanks guys! I love the outdoors to sit in. I have never enjoyed gardening, etc. The last time I was single I bought a condo with a patio. Outside space is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have some regular seasonal stuff to do:
    • Clean and store air conditioners and fans
    • Clean closet and rotate summer & winter clothes. I also have brought in 28 items this year and have only culled 21, so I need to cull at least 7 more items to reach the "break even" point, and ideally I would like more out than in.
    • Leaf cleanup and shred
    • There are lots of small seasonal things, and it's interesting to think that many of these tasks don't exist for those in warm-weather climates: put away hoses and turn off outside water, change storm door panels to screens, get out the snow shovels (which work their way to the back of the shed during the summer), put away the hammock, empty and wash outdoor plant containers, change bedding to flannel sheets and winter quilt.
    • I still need to stain the damned benches, but I have at least prepped them!
    • I would like to come up with a thing or two that are improvements rather than maintenance, that feel more like moving forward than staying in place, but I haven't quite decided on those yet.
    I think I'll add Kondo the cupboard to the list.

Well, I touched up the exterior paint, but I'm not happy with the color. I need to get one shade darker in a flatter finish and maybe mix with the paint I bought. After the wedding.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I finished cleaning up my succulents garden, and cleaned and put away extra pots, stored the tools and amendments neatly. I started this project in July, but it was just too hot this summer to finish. I did a little bit Saturday, the really pushed hard to completion today. (We finally have mornings in the low 80s).

Yppej
    Got the final birthday card, but still want to get a birthday banner and gift(s) for one person.

Walked four times.

Have two barrels of yard waste out and a few empty ones I can fill if I get ambitious tomorrow.

Painted the cabinets and the door sill and frame around the back steps.

Thread Information