Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the Thighs?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I was just at a Kroger and they were fully stocked with a variety of chicken thigh brands. $3.29 a pound. Wings are hard to find though. But why would anyone buy the wings when there are thighs
    Buffalo wings are very popular pub fare in many bars and restaurants. Now that people are going out again, maybe that's what they're choosing.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I like wings for making stock, but that's about it.

I was just out tossing the boiled apple cores, so I checked. Everything is fine here - two thighs per chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I was just out tossing the boiled apple cores, so I checked. Everything is fine here - two thighs per chicken.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    I like wings for making stock, but that's about it.
    My mother always included the wings in a chicken dinner and I remember really liking them. It may be that many moms back in the 50s and 60s didn't serve chicken wings, because DH said his mother would chop the wings off and throw them away. But if I'm going to indulge in a guilty pleasure, chicken wings are as good as any.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I wonder if Sunday football has something to do with wing demand and shortages? A friend has a business across the street from a place called John's Wings or something like that. She says they do a booming business, which is surprising to me.

Do they sell "leg quarters"? Leg quarters = drumstick +thighs.

I rarely see leg quarters except when Costco is selling the pieces of leftover cooked chickens.

My store seems okay with the availability of leg quarters. I did see some, but not many, packages of thighs and wings. Legs seem plentiful, though, and still on sale .99/lb.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Here our stores are very well stocked. I stopped by Walmart this am and there were palates of toilet paper and paper towels. I saw no empty shelves in the store. Some people had toilet paper in their baskets but only a few with multiple giant packages.
    also the chicken section seemed very well stocked.

Thread Information