Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Cheerleading Too Dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Jane, they had sports at Evergreen!?? Who knew!
    There may be intramural hacky-sack...
    No, this was just some kind of cheerleading symposium, workshop, or something that rented space on the campus for a week or so during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There may be intramural hacky-sack...
    That sounds plausible.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    That sounds plausible.
    My son went out to Olympia to transfer to Evergreen after one semester at SUNY. It was so laid back he never even got motivated enough to enroll and dropped out completely. Oh well.

I listened to former Evergreen professors Brett Weinstein and Heather Heyer yesterday on a podcast. They have their pet theories about matters of science and culture, and ya gotta watch out for those who caress their pets excessively, but in the big picture, they are rightly summarizing the state of academia and scientific inquiry. Their skepticism is refreshing.

They have a new book out called The Hunter Gatherers ‘ Guide to the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I listened to former Evergreen professors Brett Weinstein and Heather Heyer yesterday on a podcast. They have their pet theories about matters of science and culture, and ya gotta watch out for those who caress their pets excessively, but in the big picture, they are rightly summarizing the state of academia and scientific inquiry. Their skepticism is refreshing.

They have a new book out called The Hunter Gatherers ‘ Guide to the 21st century.
    Is Weinstein the guy involved in that kerfuffle over a no-whites-on-campus stunt a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Is Weinstein the guy involved in that kerfuffle over a no-whites-on-campus stunt a few years ago?
    I recall that, he spoke out against plans to deny white students and faculty access to the campus which triggered days/weeks? of protests against the school in general and he in specific since the new wokeness guide demands that anyone not in step with the latest separate but equal doctrine is a racist. I think he left the school shortly afterwards.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I recall that, he spoke out against plans to deny white students and faculty access to the campus which triggered days/weeks? of protests against the school in general and he in specific since the new wokeness guide demands that anyone not in step with the latest separate but equal doctrine is a racist. I think he left the school shortly afterwards.
    yep, that’s the guy. Not surprisingly, after leaving Evergreen he became friends with the hoaxer of academic journals, Peter Boghossian, who just recently resigned his Portland professorial job due to excessive wokeness in his workplace.

The halls of academia are no longer a supportive place for free flow of ideas.

Thread Information