Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Insufferable Elites

Our Insufferable Elites

Is it just me or our elites less willing to even pretend to be accountable anymore?

You see the mayor of San Francisco flouting her own mask rules because she’s “feeling the spirit”, and unwilling to be micromanaged by “the fun police” (Despite herself being the chief of the fun police).

You see AOC weeping on the House floor over the vote on the Iron Dome funding, but then voting “present” rather than opposing it.

You see the President act as if the problems at the border are someone else’s responsibility.

You see almost any gathering of fashion-mongers or Hollywood hamfatters where the elite wear no masks but require it of the wait staff. And who miss no opportunity to inveigh against the rich while dripping in jewelry.

It’s as if they no longer believe they are bound by rules they preach or even created.

Take a news break.

yes, they are all annoying, especially the Hollywood set.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Take a news break.

yes, they are all annoying, especially the Hollywood set.
    You’re right, of course, but it’s like a car wreck I can’t look away from.

It seems the more self-righteous and condescending they become, the worse the movies get.

Yppej
    I see my Board of Health passing restriction after restriction on people verbally and saying the City Solicitor, who is not present, will have to write the actual order after the fact.

You can't make some of this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You’re right, of course, but it’s like a car wreck I can’t look away from.

It seems the more self-righteous and condescending they become, the worse the movies get.
    There ARE sensible people in the film industry, but they must stay on the down low. Yes, the irony of contemporary McCarthyism escapes them, they, the crowd who should be advocating free speech above all else.

I’ve pretty much given up at this point.

And now there are reports that our "The rich must pay their fair share" President created an 'S' Corporation to funnel his nearly $20M speaking fee haul during his 4 year political hiatus which allowed him to avoid payroll taxes (Medicare/Social Security Programs), denying the poor, the sick and disabled nearly $500,000 of his lawful earnings. I think I'd forgive him if he'd just modify his daily mantra to "The rich, such as myself, should be forced to pay their fair share, because you know I'm not gonna do it voluntarily".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There ARE sensible people in the film industry, but they must stay on the down low. Yes, the irony of contemporary McCarthyism escapes them, they, the crowd who should be advocating free speech above all else.
    Clint Eastwood can’t live forever.

Seems like in context, the term elite is focusing on some version of politicization, but that how things go these days. I can picture elite to include those who flaunt vaccinations and climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Clint Eastwood can’t live forever.
    Oh dude, they toletate him as their token conservative because he will, as you say, not be around forever. There are others! But i wont out them on a public forum.

Thread Information