Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buckthorn

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, in this case, the suckers were handled differently. But apparently you can only use the paint-on method after you've freshly cut the stumps. Then it works on the stumps. All the smaller growth should be pulled mechanically.
    then I do not understand what “working on the stumps” means. What change takes place with Roundup?

I would discuss this with my arborist, but he is in Hermann at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    then I do not understand what “working on the stumps” means. What change takes place with Roundup?

I would discuss this with my arborist, but he is in Hermann at the moment.
    The glyphosate infiltrates the stump, kills it, and prevents more spreading. Eventually I assume the wood would just rot.

BTW, @dado, I hope you like the book! Your read on VT and Vermonters is spot-on. Very beautiful state, and very individualistic people.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    BTW, @dado, I hope you like the book! Your read on VT and Vermonters is spot-on. Very beautiful state, and very individualistic people.
    The book arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I have read into the first chapter "Habitat", truly enjoying it! Thanks again for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    The book arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I have read into the first chapter "Habitat", truly enjoying it! Thanks again for the recommendation.
    So glad! Hope you continue to enjoy it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information