Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mom is going in for a total knee replacement

ANM, I'm glad to see the surgery went well. I wish you the best in caring for your mom and addressing the opiate availability situation.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Mom lived with me for two weeks after release from the hospital, the first day of which she almost needed lifting to get up (and I was like 'woah! I can't manage this!!! Dealing with a severe cripple'), but that improved quickly. Now she has gone home. Living with one's mom is stressful needless to say (in a one bedroom apartment at that and while working from home), so now I can finally rest!

From all appearances it's a successful surgery that will leave her better off than before. Oh and I will go over there and dole out the pain pills daily because yea, but I suspect she won't need many for that much longer either. Yes she still needs to do exercises to recover etc., but she was in so much pain before, it's not like she was walking well before surgery either, so she seems better than before.
    Trees don't grow on money

I was thinking she probably wouldn't need the opiates for long. Most of my friends who have been prescribed them either couldn't tolerate them or didn't want them and did fine with OTC meds. I'm so glad she's healing well.

A combination of 2 aleve and 2 extra strength tylenol helped me after my broken hip.

I'm so glad your mom is recovering well! I'm sure your love and care made all the difference!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yes, after a significant surgery a few years ago I think I went to just Tylenol and ditched the tramadol after just a couple of days.
    I'm so glad she is doing well, and I have so much respect for you for bringing her to your place for care. I'm sure it was challenging.

So glad she is doing well and YOU, too!!! Prayers for quick healing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

ANM, you are the bomb for taking such good care of your mom!

Thanks all.
    Trees don't grow on money

ANM what relief that it all went well and seems worth it!

Thread Information