Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

Smile Hello there!

Hallihallo to everyone!

My name is Alexandra, I am 25 years old and I live in the north of Germany (sorry for any grammar mistakes). I am a medical student and I spend a lot of times with topics like minimalism, veganism, zero waste, activism, a simple lifestyle.. so I am very glad, that I found this forum because there is no equivalent for german people (at least I didn't found one).

I hope I can find here people with the same way of thinking and some good tips.

Alex

Welcome, Alex! We don't have any active members from Germany, so your perspective will be a great addition to our group!

Welcome!! My mom’s side of the family are German. I have been to Europe 4x’s but haven’t been lucky enough to see Germany yet.

Oh I would not have expected, that here are no members who are based in Germany. The minimalism community here ist quiet big I would say and there are more and more frugalists too (at least on social media).

Ah cool @teacher Terry ! Germany is really versatile, especially the nature. So I hope you can visit Germany sometime!

Welcome, Alex! I know that Germany has been taking a leadership role in environmentalism, so I'll be interested in hearing your perspectives on that!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The minimalism community here ist quiet big I would say and there are more and more frugalists too (at least on social media)
    Cool. I may not visit Germany as I pretty much don't fly for environmental reasons (it is literally the least I can do). But it's cool.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Welcome, Alex! I know that Germany has been taking a leadership role in environmentalism, so I'll be interested in hearing your perspectives on that!
    Hello Catherine!

Puh, thats a hard topic here in Germany. It's interesting that other people think we have a leadership role in environmentalism. I am also a climate activist (Fridays for future, Ende Gelände, an other organizations).
    I think we have some good ideas but the implementation is almost every time very problematic. Some politicians are blocking important changes (for example: investment in the public transportation system or the support for renewal energies. There are so many examples)

Furthermore a lot of the politicians aren't well educated on topics like climate change and environmental pollution. We have a party in our Bundestag (house of parliament) which contains members who deny that there is something like climate change. One of them said once: "The sun has to shine less." .. also the lobbyists from the car and coal industry are too strong..

We had an election on Sunday and just one party had a good plan on what to do against climate change and all the problems in their election program. Even the plan of the green party here in Germany wasn't good. (With not good I mean not sufficient and too late. For example climate neutrality by 2050).
    In addition our society is I would say a little bis split. There are so many people who want to do something, they live sustainable in their private life but on the other side, there are so many people who deny what the scientists say and a lot of people don't want to do anything against climate change. An exuse a lot of people use is, that we are not China, we are not the worse.. that's really sad.
    So I wonder why you think we have a leadership role? I mean it could always be worse, but it also can be waaay better, if the people and especially the politicians would fight for it!

It's really frustrating.

But it's a good reason!
    I have never flown in my life because I was so afraid the plane could crash, now I am older and I don't fly for environmental reasons too.

Welcome! Wonder what your name means?

Thread Information