Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

Gut sich zu treffen und wilkommen!

Welcome! Wonder what your name means?
    Literally it means fruit mushrooms. OP will have to tell the signifiicance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruchtpilz View Post
    Hello Catherine!

So I wonder why you think we have a leadership role? I mean it could always be worse, but it also can be waaay better, if the people and especially the politicians would fight for it!

It's really frustrating.
    Well, I've heard that a lot of your energy is now coming from renewable sources, but I could be wrong. Indeed, it is frustrating in my country as well. And of course in our last administration, we completely opted out of the Paris Agreement--and our President rolled back 95 environmental regulations. I am hoping that things get better here with regard to basic understanding of how our actions are impacting the planet.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

According to the translation site I used it said the name meant split fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Welcome! Wonder what your name means?
    Hello frugal-one, its a german neologism: fruit + mushroom = Fruchtpilz.. as a teenager I used this name in chatrooms. I don't know where this idea came from, this word doesn't make any sense, but I think it sounds very nice.

[QUOTE=herbgeek;393131]Gut sich zu treffen und wilkommen!

Hallihallo!
    Kommst du auch aus Deutschland?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, I've heard that a lot of your energy is now coming from renewable sources, but I could be wrong.
    Oh that's interesting! Actually Germany is below the goal for renewable energies just about 19,3% of all the energy came in 2020 from renewable resources.. a big reason for this is that the coal lobby is so strong. We even led a new coal-fired power station (Datteln4) go on the electric grid.. (by the way, it was illegal to build it..) and the companies who mine for coal even get a loooooot of money for not doing it in the near future, but until then they continue with the destruction. They also dispossess some villages just for the coal.. that would't be necessary. And then there is the pipeline nordstream2 also not necessary..

And yes, we heard here what Trump did, while he was the president.. not good at all.

Kommst du auch aus Deutschland?
    Nein (USA). Aber meine mutter ist in ost preußen geboren. Ich habe deutsch in der schule gelernt, damit ich meine Eltern verstehen konnte, wenn sie sich stritten.

English:
    No,. But my mother was born in East Prussia. I learned German in school, so that I could understand my parents when they argued.

Yppej
    I am also part German on both sides, but neither of my parents spoke the language in adulthood so I appreciate you writing in English. Welcome!

Ah sehr schön! Bilingual aufzuwachsen ist bestimmt toll.

English:
    Ah great! It must be great to grow up bilingual.

Welcome, Alex. It was interesting reading about your take, as well as other opinions around Germany, on climate change. Thanks for sharing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information