Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpectedly Unavailable?

Unexpectedly Unavailable?

I went looking for vinegar to clean our coffee maker yesterday. The market had 0 gallons of vinegar, of any type. Also NO white vinegar at all. I settled for 3 small bottles of house brand cider vinegar. Figured an extra rinse should make sure there's no lingering taste.

This surprised me.

As did tapioca when I couldn't find it last year. (Eventually, I did, we found some organic instant at a food co-op.)

What are you having problems finding?

What I know, have seen, or has been commented on here lately:

tapicoa
    chicken thighs
    vinegar

You?

the vinegar shortage may perhaps be seasonal- in prior years I've found supplies low during canning season (Aug-October).

Not a grocery item but...we went on a road trip recently and booked a hotel in a small town for two nights. Internet showed ten restaurants so we made the dumb assumption we could get meals while there. Asked the hotel clerk for dining recommendations and she said all the restaurants were closed due to lack of help. Somehow we cobbled together dinners from the tiny grocery store. Lesson learned - be prepared.

I've noticed some empty shelves on my grocery shopping routines, but no shortages of anything I've needed. I have had a couple of problems getting bike parts and the bike store said it was due to supply chain issues.

We had some half and half shortages at our local store. They said it was a driver shortage. V8 and ice cream sandwiches are often in short supply. Vinegar does get short during pickling season even non covid times. While on vacation we called for carry out sandwiches at 4 pm and they said they didn't have them due to staffing shortages. Lots of restaurant hours are shorter.

Cranberries.

Canned cat food has been in short supply at local grocery stores in recent months, so we've been getting it Petsmart and Chewy. Yesterday, Market Basket was well-stocked, but it was the first time in ages.

Nothing so far.

Off and on at my grocery store has been whole wheat flour - at least the brand I typically use. Last shopping trip, it was available. The trip before last, it was not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Building trade supplies, printer ribbons - both at work.

Not unexpected though - supply chains have been messed up for a year and a half.

Thread Information