Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October Frugals

Yppej

October Frugals

Started out the month by turning on the heat. It was 64 degrees inside and I didn't have to. So no frugal start for me, but it felt good.

Jeppy: We've turned on our heat the last 3 mornings, so you can feel frugal by comparison. We just let it cycle briefly to warm up the house, and then turned the thermostat back down, so at least we are doing it mindfully and only as much as needed.

Yppej
    My first Consumer Cellular bill is less than expected. They are giving me a new customer discount that offsets the taxes and fees.

Our heat has been on the last two nights. We heat with a heat pump, so it is economical…relatively…compared to the otherwise electric baseboard heat.

Hubby and I had our monthly budget meeting yesterday. We looked at our current net worth statement, our financial goals, and the budget analysis. The latter included going over a list of frugal ideas to try, and determining what worked last month and what we want to try this month. It also looks at current expenses total for 2021 vs. Current budget total for 2021. We made a few adjustments to the budget in our favour.

We have company coming for 9 days over Canadian Thanksgiving (next weekend). She is Asian. So yesterday I made three small batches of different types of kimchi, plus some spicy pickled radish.

Today I’m making applesauce and vegetable stock. I’m also cleaning out my upstairs fridge freezer, which has entirely too much stuff in it. We are going to a friend’s for supper and games night.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpruce View Post
    We looked at our current net worth statement, our financial goals, and the budget analysis. The latter included going over a list of frugal ideas to try, and determining what worked last month and what we want to try this month. It also looks at current expenses total for 2021 vs. Current budget total for 2021. We made a few adjustments to the budget in our favour.

This looks like a great agenda for a monthly budget meeting. I am going to propose this agenda to DH for us.

Frugal start is refusing to turn on the heat and it is FREEZING here and I am contemplating moving to Florida, which would not be frugal.

Yep, Tybee, Husband is COLD! I have the window in the bedroom open at night and it's been down to 42 for a few mornings. But we do not have the AC on!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    This looks like a great agenda for a monthly budget meeting. I am going to propose this agenda to DH for us.

Frugal start is refusing to turn on the heat and it is FREEZING here and I am contemplating moving to Florida, which would not be frugal.
    Not only would it not be frugal, but Ron DeSantis would be your governor, just saying.

Ew.

Still running air conditioning here.

No heat or AC. It’s 67 when we get up and 75 by the afternoon.

Thread Information