Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: October Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yes, I have a forced hot air furnace. It sounds like you have a boiler.
    Yes, I do have a boiler.

Yppej
    I found some four packs of toilet paper at Walmart for 68 cents and they look soft too. The rolls aren't as big as normal, but at that price I bought all three of the packs they had.

washed, mended, and put new foam insoles in my winter house-shoes. They aren't pretty but should make it through another winter. Found (in a pile of fabric in our hallway) two pair of jeans I can wear now. Just need to cut them off and hem them, which I should be able to get to later this week. Put in both DH and my order for this quarter for the free pharmacy items -a current perk of our Medicare plan supplement. I would never pay the drug store price for these items, but as they are at no cost, I will certainly use them! We each get $105. to spend on a select catalogue of OTC items, each quarter. I ordered a new blood pressure reader/cuff, (among other things) as ours seems really wonky.

Taking company on a tour of PEI. They paid for the ferry. We have free accommodation at relatives while they’re away. We brought food from home. Relatives told us to raid the garden. Life is good!

Early: That's a very cool perk!

RedSpruce: That sounds like a wonderful, frugal vacation. I would love to go to PEI someday.

DH and I went to a garden club lecture on perennials yesterday, so free entertainment.

Went to pick up my medicine and was told the total with insurance was $102. I used a Good RX coupon and it brought it down to $69.

Good fly-by at the supermarket yesterday. Typically, when I have to go to Burlington to drop off my son or run another errand, I always stop by the supermarket to get DH Diet Pepsi because they are always on sale there for 2 or 3 6-packs for $10 (depending on the sale), but on the islands, they're 2 bottles for $3.75. Yesterday on my fly-by, I also scored 3 bottles of organic EVOO that was on clearance at 50% off, grass-fed lamb chops 30% off, cooked chicken thighs and drumsticks 30% off, smoked salmon 50% off, and cans of tuna at 30% off. My total bill represented a 39% off savings.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Wow-- definitely worth shopping on the mainland!!

Up to WI for diving on Saturday. I’m driving up to Madison Friday after work. 2 hours. I have a hotel I always stay at. Booked with Wyndham points so the room was only $65 before tax. I’ll drive the remaining two hours to the dive site Saturday. Rooms are much more plentiful and cheaper in Madison than near the dive site and I get some decent sleep too.

Yppej
    I am starting on Christmas gifts this month since I will pay my auto insurance for the year next month and that way hopefully both months stay under budget.

Thread Information