Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: October Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Not ALL vanilla extracts are good. The brand that I specifically specified is the one to get.

Consumers should be cautious when buying vanilla in Mexico and other Latin American countries, the FDA advised. Look for "vanilla bean" on the label's ingredient list. Don't buy the product if it says "tonka bean" or has a vague ingredient list or no list.
    Glad you are being cautious.

Yppej
    Took my cabin filter out and cleaned out the worst of the dirt and put it back. When I took the car for service they said it was fine.

DH showed me how to change the furnace filter. He was going to the basement to do so and I told him I should know how to do some of these things "in case". He echoed my refrain... "this is really difficult... NOT". I have been showing him some of the things I make and do that are so simple (but not to someone who has never done them before). Yes, it was simple but if I had to do it on my own it would have been very stressful to know what to do.

In the frugal category because it would NOT be frugal to have to pay someone do these things.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Went to a family wedding on DH side and I visited family on my side too. I fit into nice wedding clothes from when one of my kids married 16 years ago. Quite plain solid tea length not too dressy perfect for the wedding. I also got all my handmade Christmas presents finished and wrapped. All are delivered to the proper family instead of mailing. Although we hope to see everyone at Christmas between the weather and Covid nothing is sure these days.

Yppej
    More free food at work - breakfast today and lunch tomorrow and next Thursday.

As posted in another thread, paid plumber in cash and got a discount!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    My skin is starting to get dryer with colder temperatures and crack and get rubbed raw in places so I am going to switch to bathing every other day which will save on the natural gas, water, and sewer bills.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    As posted in another thread, paid plumber in cash and got a discount!
    That was an excellent savings, Happy!

Thread Information