Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpectedly Unavailable?

The Amish cabinet makers have had our order for condo kitchen cabinets since early February 2021. That’s eight months.

They have now built them and are painting my cabinets. Apparently they are having trouble getting cabinet hardware so I suspect my cabinets are done and they’re sitting around the shop waiting for hardware. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Building trade supplies...
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Apparently they are having trouble getting cabinet hardware .....
    I'm in the middle of a re-build of our rather extensive rear deck, replacing 25 year old wooden planks, stairs and rails with maintenance free composite materials. Apparently railing materials are on the unexpectedly unavailable list, the supplier doesn't expect to have them available till December at the earliest.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

What’s getting me now is the huge jump in prices. Cranberries and sugar are very high in price right now. A small 3 cup bag of cranberries (downsized from 4 cups) is $3.97 CAD. A 2 kg bag of sugar (4 pounds) was on sale for 2/$5 CAD.

What I am noticing in our local Nova Scotia grocery stores is that when they have a sale, the shelf is bought out right away, and they aren’t being restocked. Whether this is a shortage or a policy/management issue, I don’t know. But if we don’t get there the first day of the sale, it’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Canned cat food has been in short supply at local grocery stores in recent months, so we've been getting it Petsmart and Chewy. Yesterday, Market Basket was well-stocked, but it was the first time in ages.

Sorry you are not closer. I just gave a $100+ worth to my niece. I had to put my girl down last week. I've known her all her 22 years, but she was only mine for the last 13 months. (reason I moved into this house) Her kidney's were shutting down (lost 1.5# out of 6.6#). I find myself, meowing at an empty house, looking for her still.

Was at a restaurant supply house Saturday. Chicken was 85% gone. Was told by someone I know, whose sibling works at Tyson, that a decent price increase is coming, due to help shortages.

The other thing (debatable about unexpected), I find in REAL SHORT SUPPLY, is patience.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Sorry you are not closer. I just gave a $100+ worth to my niece. I had to put my girl down last week. I've known her all her 22 years, but she was only mine for the last 13 months. (reason I moved into this house) Her kidney's were shutting down (lost 1.5# out of 6.6#). I find myself, meowing at an empty house, looking for her still.

Was at a restaurant supply house Saturday. Chicken was 85% gone. Was told by someone I know, whose sibling works at Tyson, that a decent price increase is coming, due to help shortages.

The other thing (debatable about unexpected), I find in REAL SHORT SUPPLY, is patience.
    I am so sorry for the loss of your girl.

TMS, I am so sorry about your kitty. She had a long life.

Condolences, TMS. So sorry for the loss of your cat.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Wow! All of these 20+ Year old cats around!

TMS I’m glad you were able to stay in the cat’s house for the last months of her life so she was not rousted out of her home at an advanced age.

There’s a very elderly cat in my neighborhood whose mom and dad have been transferred back to Germany. She lived in Germany a few years ago and then traveled to the United States, but now they’re going back to Germany. At this point she’s 21 years old, in kidney failure, being treated of course because they’re quite obsessive about it, and the mom of the family is staying put here until the cat dies.

Oh how I wish all the cats in the world were this well treated. Well, I wish all the children in the world were this well treated!

Stopped by our local Long John Silvers today, they were out of fish.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Stopped by our local Long John Silvers today, they were out of fish.
    Seriously?

Thread Information